Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yipee! We got the phone call Wednesday (10/21)!! Finally, after waitng since July
8th, my Cube arrived! We dropped everything and were out of the house in a half hour!

It's beautiful -- it's blue -- it's home!!!!! I love it!
So finally, finally, finally, I've been cubed!!!!! Here's a couple of so-so pictures, taken by my neighbor.
The color is actually more turquoise, like the picture in the brochure.

ME HAPPY NOW!! ;D

·
Registered
105 Posts
:yes: :yes: :yes:
I have watched your painful waiting for your CUBE over these last months.
Congratulations and very many happy safe Cube trips in it.
She looks luverly! 8)
I can tell you like it and we all like our Cube's for sure. :yes:
Cheers,
Bryan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I let my husband drive it for the first time tonight! He did fine, of course, but I was itching to get back behind the wheel myself! It's so much fun to drive!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Great looking Cube :)! I can see you being seriously torn between the Cube and the roadster. Still, the one with the most passenger and cargo space is the Cube! The outside thrills remain with the roadster :)!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since WINTER is fast approaching in our area (we live in Missouri), my Spyder will probably be fast asleep until Spring! Plus it's been raining like crazy all day today -- the CUBE definitely WINS out!! ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The all season rubber floor mats arrived today. I ordered them off eBay from Alliance Nissan - $80 with free shipping.

They are GREAT! Very heavy duty and fit the Cube perfectly! The mats themselves are ridged, plus they also have a ridge that runs all around the outside edge to hold in water and gunk from snow. They're much more practical than the carpets, and I actually like the look better! I'll probably end up selling the optional carpets that came with my Cube!

My cargo area organizer is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday! Things are shaping up nicely, Cube-wise!! :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
;)CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I can only think how wonderful you feel sitting behind the wheel of your new Cube, I use any excuse to drive mine like 10 trips in one week to the market. Nice color too.... :yes: :yes: :yes:

Have a blast driving your new Cube!!!! so what will the first mod be?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL! I don't know about "mods" at this point -- I'm happy just to have my Cube "as is" after waiting almost four months!

We may get some pinstriping done later on. We have a friend who does this (the removable kind) and his cars and motorcycles always look great. I'd just have to decide on color, design, etc.

Right now I'm just happy it's home! :yes:

·
Registered
270 Posts
jodeg1945 said:
The all season rubber floor mats arrived today. I ordered them off eBay from Alliance Nissan - $80 with free shipping.
I wished I had gone that route also. I bought some nice front units made my Michelin that are very deep and trap and hold dirt very well. What I didn't realize was that our kids need the rear mat even more so. The cube was supposed to be my car but it has been car-jacked by the wife and kids! I've yet to see the Nissan rear piece sold separately nor can I find anything locally that would be close to fitting so I may end up buying the Nissan package.

I kept the optional carpeted floor mats in place; if nothing more than for extra sound insulation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the club!

Where in Missouri are you located? I've got a Caribbean Blue S in St. Louis...have seen a few other Cubes "in the wild" but have yet to see another blue one...I'm going to keep my eye out for you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We live in Arnold, MO, about 25 miles south of St. Louis, along the Mississippi River. During my almost 4 month wait, friends would call and say they'd seen a white one, a Moss colored one and a black one, but no one has seen another blue one.......EXCEPT.......about a month ago, a blue one TURNED AROUND in our DRIVEWAY!!!! We live in the back of a small subdivision -- what are the odds? I almost fainted when I saw it! I ran out to try to catch the driver, but he/she was already gone!

WAS THAT YOU????? :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
they got your cube in.Did you get any sleep that night .Or did you take a midnight drive . i seen a blue one at the gas station. and a blue one coming at me on the road and a white one on the freeway .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats on your blue Cube. Mine is blue, too. It is a great color as it really doesn't show the dust like my MINI. I bought cocoa mats for mine. I have a set in the MINI and they trap all the dirt. Plus they have them available in colors that match cars. I picked black with blue fleck. It looks like they were made for it and they are a perfect fit. I was surprised that mats were in my Cube, but they were part of the package.
Great car and great people who love them.
Enjoy :yes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
jodeg1945 said:
about a month ago, a blue one TURNED AROUND in our DRIVEWAY!!!! We live in the back of a small subdivision -- what are the odds? I almost fainted when I saw it! I ran out to try to catch the driver, but he/she was already gone!

WAS THAT YOU????? :D
Oh how funny! I've been in Arnold, but I haven't turned around in anyone's driveway...guess there's at least three of us roaming the greater STL area in our blue Cubes now!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll bet we see more and more of them too! This car is such fun to drive -- and at my age :roll: I've driven a LOT of cars!

We bought mine at what used to be Moore Nissan in Ellisville. They were bought out by West County Nissan right in the MIDDLE of my wait! I was really worried they wouldn't honor the deal we got with Moore, but they did -- came through right to the penny. They probably figured, after that long wait, that I'd be one of those people who'd walk up and down in front of the dealership with a "DON'T BUY HERE" signs! I probably would have too! :yes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts