Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking that the fake rear window would look good with a fake glass window there. i kind of dont like the wavey plastic panel.

can anyone chop up a pic with a glass panel there? please :) :yes:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yeah, I had the same thought & suggested it to the member who was interested in fabricating parts. Perhaps the more of us who request such an item... it might get made :)

·
2,084 Posts
I happen to agree here. It is kinda cheesy. What is behind it? Would tinted glass hide that or look odd as the tint would not match to be so dark as to hide the area.

People get disappointed when they learn the rear window is not truly wraparound and just an allusion. I get asked about it often.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ChristineK said:
I happen to agree here. It is kinda cheesy. What is behind it? Would tinted glass hide that or look odd as the tint would not match to be so dark as to hide the area.

People get disappointed when they learn the rear window is not truly wraparound and just an allusion. I get asked about it often.
i did a quick once over and i cant seem to find out how it is attached. i wouldnt be surprised if you need to take off the interior panel to access it.

as for color matching the tint... if you dont tint your cube, it could look funny. but if you do, i think a dark limo tint would look nice. in any case, i think anything would look better than the plastic.

im also wondering if that paint or sticker they put on the door to match the plastic will come off.

·
2,084 Posts
tbone13 said:
i wouldnt be surprised if you need to take off the interior panel to access it.
Nope me either. :roll:

Here is what I am thinking the problem with this is.

Ok you get glass cut and beveled to match the spot, tint to match for color, attach some double sided industrial (15 pounds of hold per inch) but you are holding on the tint that will get wet and de-laminate from the glass over time. This is an inside product.

Any ideas better than my cheesy one?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am still researching how it is attached and how a new what ever panel would be attached afterwards. If it is a new Glass panel it will be very tricky to attach securely, if it is made from a color matched lexan it could have pins attached to the lexan that could be secured from inside. Carbon fiber is also an option but would give a stockish look.

Dink

·
Registered
234 Posts
I know this is an old post but has anyone had any luck with replacing the cheesey plastic fake window cover . I do believe it attaches for inside the car under the inner panel. Just scanning through old posts and was just saying this about that plastic panel to myself the other day.

·
Registered
930 Posts
There is a guy who sells those chrome pieces on eBay and he was one for that piece. Unfortunately he won't sell individually. :mad: I was thinking of getting it and getting it powdercoated when I get my wheels powdercoated. But I do not feel like paying $80 for the whole set when I am only going to use one piece.

Could always trying vinyl?

·
Registered
234 Posts
That looks so much better. I wonder how much a piece of tempered dark tinted glass would have cost Nissan verses that cheesy plastic cover?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It really depends on the situation but a fake rear window will most like go with a fake glass so there won't be any problems with it but it is still a good idea to get a genuine rear window like this rear window louvers

·
Registered
981 Posts
just sand it down and paint it an outrageous colour. weird car made weirder.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
yoyo'sCube22 said:
just sand it down and paint it an outrageous colour. weird car made weirder.
LOL!!! :D

I was actually looking at this the other day. Glad to think I'm not the only one who looks at it like WTF where they thinking.. ;)

But I was thinking of what it would look like painted body color to match would look like. I was also thinking of getting some of that 3M Carbon fiber wrap and covering it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i found this for you guys! http://www.carid.com/2009-nissan-cube-wood-grain-dash-kits/item-77202.html
they have a few different color options, carbon fibre colors, and metals look alikes.
the black color sticker should resemble a window!
i think im gonna try the brushed aluminium look.
it also comes with replacement rear door trim vinyls to replace the factory black strips!and a gas door!
just a thought....

·
Registered
981 Posts
konjure said:
i found this for you guys! http://www.carid.com/2009-nissan-cube-wood-grain-dash-kits/item-77202.html
they have a few different color options, carbon fibre colors, and metals look alikes.
the black color sticker should resemble a window!
i think im gonna try the brushed aluminium look.
it also comes with replacement rear door trim vinyls to replace the factory black strips!and a gas door!
just a thought....
thats were i got my interior 3m kit, still looks new after 2 years of abuse.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i was thinking of getting one of the dash kits, got a link to your interior? i would like to see that :yes:

·
Registered
981 Posts
konjure said:
i was thinking of getting one of the dash kits, got a link to your interior? i would like to see that :yes:
http://www.nissancubelife.com/forum/index.php?topic=3159.0 after thoses pics i added the piece that is around the radio.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts