Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's definitely not an exact match by any stretch of the word however I do like it and am glad I took the plunge. What does everyone think?

Now I have to decide what's next for Q! the Cube....oh the decisions!

Attachments

·
2,084 Posts
I found an interesting identical match for parts.

First appliance white paint, next reflective clear paint, then clear coat. It is an exact match.

It was an accident, the reflective dulls or yellows the white, once the reflective is clear coated it goes pearlescent

·
Registered
657 Posts
nice nice i was about to do this well i still am. i got another stock grille but it hasnt came yet. i want to cover up those holes and make them flat before print.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I really like the look :) - Dan

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like that too. I was thinking of doing mine the other day but noticed the gray grille matches the gray in the headlight assembly so if I paint my grille gloss black to match the car how will the headlights look? Still up for debate.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I like that too. I was thinking of doing mine the other day but noticed the gray grille matches the gray in the headlight assembly so if I paint my grille gloss black to match the car how will the headlights look? Still up for debate.
It's kinda odd that you mentioned this, all of the after market grilles I've seen (usually silver) seem to clash with the headlights, but all the ones I've seen painted to match the body color look good, even though they don't match the headlights. - Dan

·
Registered
117 Posts
That looks really good! a nice unique look.

I painted my (custom) grill to match the gray headlight background and I like the way it looks...

But I think the body color matched grill looks great too! Especially on the white Cube. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone...I was even thinking of taking the other unopen slots on the opposite ended outside of the grille and using a blade to cut them out to have all of the slots open.

Think it would help the look...but we will see. So far so happy =)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Kinda odd that I came across this. I was also thinking of doing the same to the grille on my black 09 while I wait on ATI's grille to come out.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bigjcvegas said:
is there a way to break the seal on the headlight to paint the gray,white
meisrandy said:
bigjcvegas said:
is there a way to break the seal on the headlight to paint the gray,white
yeahh just like any other headlight bake them.
I too would love to break that seal but my big concern is if it isn't re-sealed properly the moisture issues that can occur. I remember having moisture issues in other headlights and it was so annoying. But I suppose the only way to find out is try it...hmmmm

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think you started something great! I really like the look and talking about a low cost mod..... thanks for the inspiration... :yes: :yes:

I did mine in Photoshop to see how it would look....here are the results..... any comment welcomed....now all I have to do is find the paint to match..

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Oh your grille looks great but... some of us are on fixed incomes and this is a great LOW cost mod....... I wish we were all rich and could buy what ever for our Cubes but come on in today's economy?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TropicalCube said:
I think you started something great! I really like the look and talking about a low cost mod..... thanks for the inspiration... :yes: :yes:

I did mine in Photoshop to see how it would look....here are the results..... any comment welcomed....now all I have to do is find the paint to match..
Loving the blue grille! You must find that paint and get er' done :yes:

I really do like the billet grille and contemplated buying that and also color-matching it but felt between the cost of the grille and the getting it all prepped and colored was a hassle so I thought why not start this route and then go from there.

All in all though I def dig the billet grille but wanted to start somewhere and go from there 8)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts