Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you feel about the extended warranties...the Nissan warranty was offered at about $1300 and IF you don't use it your money is refunded...it covers everything...thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I passed on that. Past experience is that the dealer will use your warranty for some petty item and then you are out the $. I don't like to bet against the quality of the manufacturer, especially an established brand such as Nissan.

In the end, it's your dough, but don't expect any refunds.

(First post, BTW.)

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
I took this out when I bought my cube. The thing to know is that its actually a service agreement. There is a diffrence between warrenty and service agreement. I took mine out for 7 years 100,000 miles, everything is coverd bumper to bumper with a 50 dollar deductable. The thing to remember is you need to be VERY meticulous on having all of your service work done, and keep very good records. You do not have to have the service work done at Nissan but I would recomend it. Otherwise be sure to keep copies of paperwork/sales recepts. The Service agreement can be signed over to a new owner if you ever sell your Cube. If you trade it in before the agreement expires you can be refunded the remaining balance.

·
2,084 Posts
I also got the extended, I am thinking it is the 100K too. My finance person said you could pass but remember it is a first run vehicle so issues are not yet known. I agreed.

I also got the extended for my Titan but I passed on the Honda.

Is it worth it, there is no way to tell yet. If the Cube follows its sister Versa you bet!

Time will tell, but the extended on the trans helps those who did not partake on the extended.

Usually Murphy's Law plays here, if you got it you don't need it but if you didn't you should have.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I passed on the dealer warranty and went with a monthly payment of I think $5 through Geico with my insurance. Actually covers everything including windshield replacement AND I can take it to any shop I choose, not just the dealer. It came out to be cheaper, and IF I total the car I can end it early, not to be out more money.

·
Registered
156 Posts
For the sake of the transmission, I wish I had gotten the extended warranty. I have a tendency to just say NO when offered things by dealership employees.

I didn't like the finance person anyhow, he actually offered me a better interest rate than I got through my bank with the same number of payments and everything. But for some reason, the monthly payment was like fifty dollars more a month than I am paying now. I got 5.24 percent through my own bank with no down payment, he offered me a rate of 3.9 percent with no down payment for the same five years. But it just didn't add up when he told me my monthly payment would be around 450 dollars a month when I am presently paying 394.00 dollars a month.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought my 09 cube with 5,622 miles on it a week ago and I couldn't get a straight answer on how the warranty from Nissan would work for me (if it would carry over at all as the second owner) and I was unable to locate the information online. So I spent the $1650 for a 3 year 36 month warranty that covers pretty much everything. The list of things it covers is pretty lengthy and after reading all the fine print (I have to pay a $50 deductible if I don't take it to the dealer I bought the car from for any warranty repairs) I think it was the right way to go. Gives me some piece of mind if something should happen. This is the first Nissan I've ever purchased. I'm going in to get all my recall work done on Tues at the dealer that is close to my work so I'm hoping they can give me some good information about the manufacturer warranty for a second owner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yea they handed me the car fax as soon as I got there it was the first thing I wanted to look at. I already knew I wanted a cube. It was only a single guy listed as the previous owner. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't used as a fleet vehicle or rental car. My best guess is that it was a repossession because I got an amazing deal on it. The carfax just showed it wasn't in any accidents or had any major repairs on it but the economic recession has hit AZ pretty hard so that's the only thing I can think of because I had it thoroughly checked out by my mechanic and it was still under warranty so I can't think of any other reason they would get rid of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts