Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i might be doing some exhaust R&D for speed-element motorsport soon. What kinda exhaust would you guys like to see on this cube? any ideas? maybe dual?

·
Registered
134 Posts
dual for sure. i wanna put duals on mine and also cut the bumper a little bit. like 2 half circles just to place the pipes into.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so.. SE motorsport is gonna be doing some r&d for our cubes. What do you guys wanna see on the cube? any ideas feedback just throw it out there. It might happen|

if you guys that never heard of them they make some pretty nice exhaust for all cars. sounds great too

·
Registered
3 Posts
THey need to develop at least two systems, one for the cube's with and w/o ground effects. They should offer both single and dual systems. Need to ensure there is enough back pressure still in system (don't need 3" exhaust) probably for duals go with a 3" collector into 2, 1-1/2" exhaust pipes, be sure there is an x-pipe for proper scavenging, big bore, multi chamber titanium mufflers for weight savings, no resonator. Wnat a deep tone, not TOO much volume, something mellow, not obnoxious. Polished SS tips.

Single set up use same header but then have a swedge to go from dual 1-1/2" to single 2" etc, etc. If they want something to do mock ups with, I'd volunteer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
DualTip DTM. Gotta go for the VIP look, because we already have two canister style exhausts being made. Closest thing to VIP we have is the Stillen.... which is where my money lies unless we can get a nice toned dual DTM thing going on. Nothing obnoxious... that's not what the cube is about in my opinion. Think Apex'i World Sport II exhaust note.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i think if we could get a full 2.5" catback with either a apexi wsII or a dual DTM style exhaust we would be set, or a str8 pipe with a tapered outlet that went from the 2.5" to a 4" angled out [email protected] JDM style would be sick(emphasis on str8 pipe)

·
Registered
134 Posts
definitely duals, and full cat back.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By dual do you guys mean something like this?

OR dual meaning one on each end? Or the one above on both ends?

·
Registered
263 Posts
That is the design I was talking about yes.... minus the fake titanium burns on the very tips.... no need to fake teh funk.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I like the idea of having a dual exhaust but I also wonder if it would be possible to do a slim triangle that would exit right before the driver's side wheel. Very incognito yet still there. This way would bypass the second muffler in the very rear

·
Registered
472 Posts
good luck to all who want a center-exit system, i say this only for the reason that(and some people may not know this) but the cube has a spare tire, and it just so happens to be fixated near the middle on the car, wich may become an issue, i mean no disrespect, just stating an issue i could see arising from this idea

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yep, totally agree. I cannot use my spare tire at the moment. I am gonna talk to the guy who helped to see if there was anything he can do so i could use it. Otherwise I am thankful to have AAA... You probably could run dual one on the ends of each side of the car and still be able to use the spare tire.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the spare tire does take up a lot of room right where its at so im unsure if there can be a dual at each ends. Maybe in the middle would work for the cube.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Meirandy, I have mine in the middle and I cannot use my spare. I think going on thr ends would allow the spare tire to slide out. But it still might be a really tight fit.

·
Registered
472 Posts
the only solution i can think of is the old school jdm idea of replacing you spare with a can of fix-a-flat, wich will only help you in the case of a flat tire, not a blown tire

·
Registered
839 Posts
I like the center outlet but wouldn't want to sacrifice my spare. My 2nd choice would be a single off center outlet, similar to the stillen. Something in keeping the theme (shape) of the Cube rectangle with rounded corners. - Dano

1 - 20 of 29 Posts