Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added a Dyno Max Turbo Muffler http://www.dynomax.com/ to Tropical Cube. A huge difference in the sound, a more lower tone with that steroid roar, not some Ricer sound, just a deep mellow sound. Really don't know the mileage change or HP change but it feels like a little added power. Had to go this direction instead of a bolt on due to the tow hitch I added. A local muffler shop did the work, should of take photos during the install.... This place does custom mufflers and did a fine job with the fit and the look. Thanks Rainbow Muffler of Saint Pete. Price was right too....$149. + labor + a chrome tip going through the lower section of the tow hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Another Gift for Tropical Cube

Bolts right onto the frame and will tow up to 2,000 lbs.

·
Registered
253 Posts
How does the exhaust look from several feet away? You know, normal viewing angles...

·
Registered
839 Posts
From what I can see it looks pretty nice, would like to see a shot from the rear as it's seen from a driver behind you. Is there any drone to it? I'm thinking of having a local muffler shop do mine. I already have a raptor muffler in my shop looking for a home...LOL - Dan

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will take that photo today, and no drone to it just a mellow roar to it no ricer sound either..... I will try doing a sound clip later on this week....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is that 2" receiver on your hitch? How much did it set you back? One more Question, how about the trailer wire harness? Looks great, I am looking to get a Hitch to pull my Jet Ski this summer.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a 1 1/4" the only size they make for the cube cost $149. + $35 to install, no wire harness was added because I am using it for a bike rack.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I see you removed the rear Nissan badge. Is it a stick on or is it a fastener?

·
Registered
839 Posts
240c said:
I see you removed the rear Nissan badge. Is it a stick on or is it a fastener?
The badge is held in place by two pins and sticky tape. If you remove the badge you'll have to either patch them or cover them up with something else as several others did. - Dan

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like Dan mentioned the Nissan badge is held on with double face tape which will come off with label and sticker remover (just follow the directions on the can) and use a PLASTIC PUTTY KNIFE OR A OLD CREDIT CARD. The pins only help position the badge. The chrome peace sign I put on in place of the Nissan badge covered the two holes from the badge. Just make sure you cover the two holes completely or fill them in with epoxy, sand and paint.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Subman647 said:
What part number is the muffler? The Cube isn't on the website vehicle dropdown
Not to jump in for Tropical, but by the look of the muffler it appears to be a generic turbo style muffler. Looks to be about 2.25" pipe. Almost every muffler company makes these and all are pretty similar.

The one I'm going to install on my Cube is a Raptor from Oreilly's Auto Parts. It's actually a left over from when I was doing the exhaust on my Corvair. I was going with duals but changed my mind. It has a 2.25 inlet / outlet and is reversable. I also have a nice tip that I think will flow with the Cubes shape. I did some measurements and it looks like it will fit fine, so all I have to do is cut off the stock muffler and adapt the stock pipe to fit the Raptor. I'm hoping to do this sometime this coming weekend. - Dano

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've been looking at muffers at AutoZone and PepBoys but not for sure if they will fit with my hiych. Thanks for the tip on size Sqaure 1. How about a sound clip when you get that raptor installed?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts