Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was replacing my ailing battery, I noticed that the torque strut engine mount (easily seen on the passenger side of the engine) was in desperate need of replacing. This is an easy repair, but one should keep an eye on your motor mounts as the rubber tends to deteriorate quickly for some reason.

·
Registered
185 Posts
As I was replacing my ailing battery, I noticed that the torque strut engine mount (easily seen on the passenger side of the engine) was in desperate need of replacing. This is an easy repair, but one should keep an eye on your motor mounts as the rubber tends to deteriorate quickly for some reason.
I had to replace the same one on my cube around 40k , fairly easy to replace and I spray the rubber part once in a while with 303 aerospace protectant.to keep the rubber part
from getting brittle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The easy-to-change engine mount on top is a torque arm that keeps the engine from rocking forward or backward. The actual engine mount is on the frame below that and is a fluid-mechanical gadget that quiets the engine vibrations.
It's a bear to replace and expensive.
"FWIW"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts