Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2010 6 speed with a seized engine.

Found a few on car-part but it's asking if it's a cvt or manual. I've changed out 100s of engines on many makes and never have I had this question asked. Usually you just swap over whatever bolt on parts that need to be changed over.

Anyone know if there are any physical differences between the mt/cvt engine configuration?

Main reason I ask is I've found some really inexpensive engines that are mounted to a cvt tranny.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought a 2010 6 speed with a seized engine.

Found a few on car-part but it's asking if it's a cvt or manual. I've changed out 100s of engines on many makes and never have I had this question asked. Usually you just swap over whatever bolt on parts that need to be changed over.

Anyone know if there are any physical differences between the mt/cvt engine configuration?

Main reason I ask is I've found some really inexpensive engines that are mounted to a cvt tranny.

Thanks for any help.
Ever get an answer to this question? We are in the same boat, knock knock, who's there, connecting rod through the block!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I spoke with Nissan Canada, they know they sell cars, that's about it...

I spoke with the local dealership, they confirmed it is 2 different part numbers for the motors between a CVT and MT6. They couldn't tell me the part numbers or the difference between these part number, or, the difference of the motors, ie: different crankshaft, different block casting etc.
I've used an automatic motor in an MT vehicle and vice versa in the past noting vacuum lines and manifolds changes, axles, motor mounts etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts