Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now at 1180 miles and haven't had a first oil change. (Was thinking about wait till 1200 miles, Which is after break-in period) What kinda driving would you guys recommend on this type of cars after first oil change/break-in?
I tried to vary my speed/rpm and drove very smoothly until now since Brand new.
Should I wait until 3750 miles and get first oil change? not sure what would be the best.

Discuss..

·
Registered
157 Posts
i did 3750 and changed the oil. i have a 6 speed .
i would not go and start pegging the tac . but i would run it up to 4 and back down easy .
at some time you need to let it rip i would look at doing that after 2000 miles
imho

·
Registered
130 Posts
Owner manual has it, dont know what page.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Change it now. :yes: I did mine at 1800 and I wanted to at 1000. Just got too busy. After seeing the crud stuck to a magnet Christine tested I suggest the sooner the better IMHO. You may be able to search the post and see for yourself. If I find it I'll link it. 8)

·
Registered
671 Posts
CubicKrom said:
Change it now. :yes: I did mine at 1800 and I wanted to at 1000. Just got too busy. After seeing the crud stuck to a magnet Christine tested I suggest the sooner the better IMHO. You may be able to search the post and see for yourself. If I find it I'll link it. 8)
I changed my manual at 1K (Mobil 1), but thinking of the magnet -- I remember that thread and it seems to me it was acting on the pre-filtered oil, not post. Course, it doesn't hurt to reduce the filings reaching the filter element, but it's not clear any of that would actually have been recirculated into the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts