Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get my first cube.....

Orlando, fl. price range 14k - 19k

I have a few questions for the owners of them.....

I have looked over reviews on them, but I want to know what the owners are saying...... A REAL REVIEW

1. One thing I did read is, the load noise the wind makes when traveling at high speeds? Is this true? A way fix it?
2. Is the Interior easy to clean?
3. Do it yourself oil changes / air filter? Easy to do and get to?
4. Older models still getting good gas mileage? Have you seen a drop in mileage?
5. Cons? Please do not be picky!!
6. Is it top heavy?
7. how does it handle in the rain or snow?
8. One thing you would change? Again do not be picky!!
9. ANYTHING I AM MISSING, PLEASE TELL ME.........

Thank you for your time.....

Test driving one out this weekend. So we will see

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Welcome.

1- Yes it's true, the cube is square and tall. Some say with window visor the noise is less loud. What I do, I turn the volume up.

2-Like all other cars, depending on what dirty the interior...not more easy or harder than orther seats,carpets than other cars.

3- Yes it's easy changing oil and air filter.All depend on how good you are with your hands.

4- I didn't see a drop in mpg since I got it (2years now). The cube does good considering the shape it got and depending of if you had a gas guggler for car.

5-No cars is perfect. Plastics in the interior are hard and scratch easily. It's a econo-box at low price so, it's ''normal''.

6-? not sure to understand.

7- handle fine in snow and rain...the tires will make all the difference.

8-Rear door is heavy, 2 armrest (2012 model got 2 now), 1 more 9v plug. Pretty much it.

9- Go try it, you'll love it. It park wasy, turn on a dime.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. How load do you have to turn the volume up? lol
2. understandable, one thing I do like is the cube dash is very smooth, One easy whipe down. I am looking at TAN interior do to having a white dog. We have already found out black is not our choice again.
3. I do all my oil changes, When I go look at the Cobe again today I will be looking into this.
4. We did have a gas eater. 12 city 15 hwy
5. Plastic is better in my eye's. Scratches are easy to cover up and fix.
6. TOP HEAVY. In some reviews I read where they explained taking corners if felt top heavy do to the high top (ROOF).
7. Tires....yes
8. I wonder why they do not offer roof racks? I have read some post in here on a modded roof rack.
9. Taking one for the weekend to test drive!

Anyone else have anything to share?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
6- Might feel top heavy because of the cube high center of gravity. Lowered and with 17'' stretched tires I don't feel my cube top heavy as it was. Thank for explaining that term, I mostly speak french every day.

If I might give you some more reason to choose a a cube here goes:

-Made in Japan
-Unique style
-Econobox but feel less cheap than the Kia Soul on a lot of scale(handling,drivetrain).Even if the cube is badly equipped compared to the Soul which is less fun to drive.
-It's a head turner.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So.................................

I got a 2012 Pearl White. S base. with the CVT......I could not say no!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts