Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was cool! I drove an SL today. Automobile Magazine (Design of the Year) was right about the "feng shui" effect of the interior. It's unbelievably inviting. I can see the Jacuzzi effect, too. I have one, and the feeling was eerily similar. I can't remember sitting in another car that had so much going on outside of the driver-road interface. In fact, I can't remember so much happening before I started it!

I had heard about the inside seeming bigger than you would expect, but what really took me aback was how wide it felt on the road. I expected tall/narrow, which would lead to a tippy feeling. The car felt much more substantial on the road than I expected; quite a bit more than the Gen 2 Prius I owned, for example. We did 70 in high wind on the freeway and it held its own there, too. You could hear the wind, and "feel" it a little bit, but it wasn't a struggle to keep it pointed (also unlike the Prius).

Acceleration was reasonable, not much different from my 140-horse 5-speed Civic, and I'm cautiously optimistic about the CVT. I prefer manuals, but the lack of "automatic delay" that standard autos deliver made me wonder if that left pedal is really all that important to me.

Bottom line: I loved it, I want one. It probably won't happen for another year, so I've got plenty of time to get a second-impression test drive. I'm thinking red w/ black interior.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Heck yeah! I had the same impression. None of my friends understand why I went from a BMW to... "that Nissan", but they haven't driven one. It's like a living room on wheels.

joeremi said:
It probably won't happen for another year
If you want to save some major cash, I'd be willing to sell you mine in a year. I decided I want a green one instead.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
none said:
Heck yeah! I had the same impression. None of my friends understand why I went from a BMW to... "that Nissan", but they haven't driven one. It's like a living room on wheels.

joeremi said:
It probably won't happen for another year
If you want to save some major cash, I'd be willing to sell you mine in a year. I decided I want a green one instead.
That's an interesting proposal. Whatcha got? Color, model, etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a big fan of the Chocolate. I was leaning towards the gray, but there was a red one there with aftermarket chrome wheels that looked really nice. The wheels were a little blingy for my taste, but that red with highly polished aluminum rims would be clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
none said:
Yeah I am about to trade a 2008 1 Series for a cube. People don't get it, but whatever...

·
Registered
5 Posts
HAHA!... Yeah... I myself am a Honda guy. I need a change though. All my friends are saying "NO! @&^#%*&.....*&^@&%@.... WHY!!!", But they don't see it how I do. The look of it makes me say RELAXATION. They all drive Civic's, Trucks.. etc.

·
2,084 Posts
So keep the Honda and get a Cube too.

My other car is an Honda Fit.

I like them both for completely different reasons, everyone wants to compare Cube VS Fit and you just cant, each has its own redeeming quality so different from the other.

Lets bring a bat to a gun fight :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts