Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to mention that there is a recall on some Vin Numbers for a defective rear door handle. I was unaware of this untill I took mine in for its first service today. If I am just repeating information that has already been posted on here I apologize.

·
2,084 Posts
Nope you are good, this issue has been brought up but we don't seem to now why they are replacing them.

I want to know what the issue is?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He said something about pivot point. and that they could break during freezing weather. I noticed that the new ones seem to be much stiffer or tighter. Not sure how to explain it, but I notice a diffrence in them. Im glad I had it done as Freezing weather is pretty much the norm here in Iowa for the next several months.

·
Registered
89 Posts
yep, i had mine (the two rear passenger door handles) replaced last month. i agree that both handles feel more resistant upon opening the doors now. not a bad thing, just an observation.

·
Registered
89 Posts
call your dealership and tell them your VIN number. i found out by going in for my first oil change and they checked for any service bulletins and two came up. one for the tire valve stems and the second for the rear door handles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts