Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Standard Ripple Hook

Chrome Ripple Hook

Compare Plastic Factory Hook to Cabinet Knob from Lowes.

Just under $4 each can be cheaper or way more expensive depending on the look you want. All you need is a Cabinet handle with a flared base and you will need to replace the 1" long 8/32 screw that comes in the package with a 1/2" 8/32 screw which you can also buy at Lowes.

Dink

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great :yes:
Thanks for your idea.
They look much better than the originals.
I am off to our Canadian Tire or Home Depot to see what I can find!!
Did you see my thread about the dollar shop $1 bungees?
Cheers,
Bryan.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Perfect addition for the Krom. :yes: Bump for the idea. Thanks. 8)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Update. Went to Lowe's this a.m. Spent $15.95 CAD and I have a set of 4 DIY Ripple hooks. I went with black pulls because I thought the chrome would stand out too much on my charcoal and black interior. Included in that cost were washers and ring-lock washers to make sure I could tighten the hooks up and they would not loosen over time. Sorry, no pix, as I have no digital camera. Thanks to OP for the idea. The rest of you should definitely go this route, as it is about half the cost of OEM part, and you can decide what you want them to look like. Mine have 3 concentric rings that have a braided rope effect. Much jazzier than the OEM part, imo.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have just installed the DIY hooks in the front spots and put the originals in the back doors.
I found some black [ugh! and cheap!] shiny plastic knobs at Canadian Tire.There is no Lowe's here.
Could not find the type like yours.
However I sprayed them with some good flat black paint.
The diameter is slightly larger but actually it is an advantage for larger bag handles etc.
They don't look out of place.
Cheers,
Bryan.

·
2,084 Posts
Do like the idea, knew that aftermarket would kill in this car 8)

White classic pulls will be looked at here, or I may go crazy on this one.
I will post pics.

·
Registered
929 Posts
ChristineK said:
White classic pulls will be looked at here, or I may go crazy on this one.
Ha! My first thought was those old glass drawer pulls. I mean, not for my Cube...

CubeLuvIt said:
plastic knobs at Canadian Tire.
A tire store sells hardware? Where do you live again?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
105 Posts
none said:
CubeLuvIt said:
plastic knobs at Canadian Tire.
A tire store sells hardware? Where do you live again?
Up here in the ever so hot,hot in the 80's F Victoria,British Columbia,Canada.
Not exactly the great white North lately!
We are on Vancouver Island and I can see Washington State [San Juan Islands]and Mt.Baker in all its snow capped glory in the distance in the USA.

Canadian Tire is originally a long time Canadian icon selling auto Parts but as with most stores today sells everything even the kitchen sink!

Cheers,
Bryan.

·
2,084 Posts
I found chrome ripple styled at LOWES that match the door pulls. I did this mod X4 and it looks great. I had to Dremel cut the screws length but it looks great and works awesome.

Nice :yes:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very cool. I just picked up a set of dull finish pulls that I am going to powder coat to match my cube in scarlet red.

Dink

·
Registered
179 Posts
Notice the e-slay ad for chrome ripple hooks? Only $27 each for buy it now price. :no: It would be interesting to see if they are cabinet pulls. :D 8)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CubicKrom said:
Notice the e-slay ad for chrome ripple hooks? Only $27 each for buy it now price. :no: It would be interesting to see if they are cabinet pulls. :D 8)
It is actually $27 for a set of 4 with the 1/2 inch screw locked in with red loctite at the proper depth so they just pop on when you get them. I have sold 3 sets so far. Not bad for a $20 per set investment.

Dink :p

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dink- I don't know how but I figured it was you. :D I almost sent you a note first. Thanks for correcting the qty as 4. You go make some coin and you'll have your Qb paid for in no time. :yes: 8)

·
Registered
105 Posts
ChristineK said:
Here is my DIY ripple hooks. :yes:

These have the ripple circles so it matches well and the tone of the metal is perfect. 8)

These are really good Christine! :yes: :yes:
Where did you get them as they sort of look like brushed stainless.
As you say the tone is perfect and far superior to the originals. 8)
I will now go back to the DIY stores and look more closely.
Cheers
Bryan.

·
2,084 Posts
CubeLuvIt said:
ChristineK said:
Here is my DIY ripple hooks. :yes:

These have the ripple circles so it matches well and the tone of the metal is perfect. 8)

These are really good Christine! :yes: :yes:
Where did you get them as they sort of look like brushed stainless.
As you say the tone is perfect and far superior to the originals. 8)
I will now go back to the DIY stores and look more closely.
Cheers
Bryan.
I got them at LOWE's for $1.97 each and bought shorter screws but I still had to cut them so I could have used the one in the bag and cut those down to size and saved $1.00. The red is nice but in the pics (it may the the pic) over powering on the interior.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts