Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
traded in my dad's 97 GMC Safari Van (16mpg) so we got the full $4500. I tell people this is my Hybrid,compared to my Mustang!

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah i had a 1993 ford explorer, went to a nissan dealership to to look at a versa and some other car.
didnt really fit well in them, saw the cube and laughed. went to check it out for Sh!ts and giggles...
fell in love, fit perfectly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HEARD ABOUT CLUNKERS PROGRAM AND WENT LOOKING. FOUND THE CUBE TRADED A 1985 DODGE D 150 YARD TRUCK. NEEDED ANOTHER VEHICLE AS WIFE COULDN'T SEE OVER STEERING WHEEL. TRUCK HAD FLAT TIRE, BAD BATTERY AND BED FULL OF JUNK. GOT IT STARTED. I HAD NOT RUN IT IN 10 MOS. AIRED UP TIRE AND TOOK IT IN. (ADDED MORE JUNK TO BED). GOT 4500. TOLD DEALER I NEEDED BATTERY BACK AND TO PARK IT WHERE THEY COULD AIR UP THE TIRE. WE CALL IT THE OBAMA CUBE. GREAT RIDING CAR BEEN ON SEVERAL LONG ROAD TRIPS TO SMOKIES. WE "B" CUBING

·
Registered
179 Posts
none said:
Obamacube is your user name?
obamacube said:
roger, roger obamacube
Let's see if I have this right..... Barry O beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and you give him props for it??? I sure hope it's tongue in cheek

I think it should be AmericasCube. :yes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I GUESS ANYBODY WHO BOUGHT A CAR COULD CALL IT WHAT THEY WANT. ALLS I KNOW IS THAT I WAS GOING TO BUY A USED CAR AT FIRST THEN OBAMA CAME UP WITH THE REBATE. SINCE I KNEW I WOULD BE PAYING FOR THIS PROGRAM THE REST OF MY LIFE I SHOULD AT LEAST PARTICIPATE.(IT IS THE ONLY GOV'T PROGRAM I COULD EVER GET IN) SO HE GETS THE TRIBUTE :yes:

·
Registered
472 Posts
i traded in my 89 ranger for the cube, they say it got 16mpg, im almost positive after 20 years of gettin the sh*t beat out of it, i was lucky to get 10mpg, now im doin 3x better, and i made 3k of that truck (bought it for 1500 cash) got 4500 for it

·
Registered
929 Posts
I guess that's fair - but I'm changing my name to George W Bush Cube :D Since he's the one who helped me get my Cube!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
obamacube said:
I GUESS ANYBODY WHO BOUGHT A CAR COULD CALL IT WHAT THEY WANT. ALLS I KNOW IS THAT I WAS GOING TO BUY A USED CAR AT FIRST THEN OBAMA CAME UP WITH THE REBATE. SINCE I KNEW I WOULD BE PAYING FOR THIS PROGRAM THE REST OF MY LIFE I SHOULD AT LEAST PARTICIPATE.(IT IS THE ONLY GOV'T PROGRAM I COULD EVER GET IN) SO HE GETS THE TRIBUTE :yes:
Good for you, stick to your guns :)! (But, please turn off your caps :))

none said:
I guess that's fair - but I'm changing my name to George W Bush Cube :D Since he's the one who helped me get my Cube!!!
Just call it "Dubya" -- completely covers it :)!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I traded in my '95 gmc jimmy...what a terrible truck that was. The only reason I was able to get my cube was because of that clunkers program, got $4,500 for it. the truck got 16mpg. I also managed to get $3,000 from a local Texas clunkers program, meaning I got $7,500 for my clunker towards my cube, WHAT WHAT! 8)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had an '06 Lexus RX330 that averaged 18 mpg. Handed them the keys for it and they handed me the keys for an SL.

Loves it.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts