Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah, I remember our monster stroller that we got for our 1st child. By our second, we were using the cheapest, smallest, lightest one we could find once they were physically able to handle one! ;D

·
Registered
89 Posts
do you have your rear-facing car seat set up in the center of the rear bench? isn't that a big no no? i thought it was supposed to sit behind either of the front seats?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whtbst said:
do you have your rear-facing car seat set up in the center of the rear bench? isn't that a big no no? i thought it was supposed to sit behind either of the front seats?
Is this the case with the LATCH system? If so, I'd love to learn more.

-- DavidV :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
i'm 99% sure that you are NOT supposed to set it up in the center. i recall the cube manual and car seat manuals both indicating that the car seat must live behind either front seat. basically what you are currently doing is taking the inner-facing hook of the driver-side and passenger-side rear seats to force a center connection system. i would take a closer look at the manuals. we have ours set up behind the driver seat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We have two kids seats set up in the back of ours for our 2 year old and 11 month old. Both are the Britax Roundabout, one in cowmooflage and one in a pink flower print. We have enough space in back for an umbrella stroller too.

It works out great for getting around town, and our older one loves the car! We also have a minivan for longer trips and when grandma is coming along. The LATCH system is great since it only takes me about 5 minutes to transfer both seats from one vehicle to the other. I'd recommend those carseats to anyone, since I've had to install a few, and those are the easiest I've worked with.

·
Registered
89 Posts
glad i could help, davidv! fyi, we have a graco snugride that fits very well, it's the only brand that would connect with our bugaboo bee stroller which folds up nicely in the rear cargo area. the bee takes up very little room for a stroller, it's a great setup. would highly recommend although it's on the pricey side. ???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as the seat goes, as a car geek, it had to be Recaro for us (we had a Graco before). I just wish mom and dad got Recaros in the Cube too <- kind of jealous of the little guy.

As far as strollers go, I've noticed Stokke Xplory has immense bling appeal but is absolutely gargantuan. I imagine it is designed more for urban dwellers (presumably first floor urban dwellers at that). I love the fact that you can face him in either direction and have it up high or down low (makes for a convenient roll-in high chair at restaurants). To me, it is particularly impressive that it fits in the back of a relatively small car like the Cube, when there was no way in hell we were getting it into the back of our old Land Rover.

-- DavidV :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
For those of you with a couple of kids, we just got the Joovy Ultralight Caboose sit and stand stroller. Folded up, it fits behind the cube's seats without having them moved forward at all! It's also only 22lbs, one of the lightest doubles available. Great for a toddler and a baby. This fits above our cargo organizer with no problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts