Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive always had hid's on all my cars, so i decided i needed some for the cube, i read that ddm had great hid kits so i said what the hell, and ordered... was thinking about the 6000k, but they (ddm tuning) explained that the 8000k 55w kit is like the 35w 6000k kit. and i did want a tint of blue so i went with the 8000k.

sorry the pictures dont do the justice, i was really tired from the install. i didnt remove the headlights, i did the install with the headlights and everything in place, and let me tell you, those stupid little pins that hold the bulb in place were a b****. but anyway, here are the pictures, ill get some real pictures soon

HID KIT before install

Cube before install (shes reallllllly dirty, havent had time to take her to a carwash)

Cube after install (haha it took me so long, it was already dark)

Nice and bright

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to bring up the old thread but, today I installed DDM Tuning's 35W 5000K kit and I want to share my experience.

Install was pretty straight forward, like evoalex I installed it w/o removing headlights.

Pro : Easy install, brighter than OEM halogens.
Con : Light scatter. Can't help it since Cube's headlights are not projectors.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the purchase and install. It was only 35 USD or so. I bought their cheaper 29.99 kit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
cube-ster said:
Con : Light scatter. Can't help it since Cube's headlights are not projectors.

It was only 35 USD or so. I bought their cheaper 29.99 kit.
The light scatter has nothing to do with the Cube's headlights not being projectors. It is because you bought a $30 kit.

My HID kit produces no light scatter. Then again, I paid 6 times as much for mine too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Let me clarify, what I'm trying to say is the beam pattern is not focused. I'm merely comparing it with cars with projectors.

Later down the road, I'm thinking about doing a retrofit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yup I got a 35w 6k... install went smooth and it looks good. Didn't want too spend much on the cube since its only for work..lol

·
Registered
657 Posts
dot12345 said:
mind if I ask, how did you get to the fog? did you remove the bottom panel or take out the bumper?
i did not remove the bumper there is no need at all for it. you can remove the bottom panel i did that the first time but after that i remove like 3 nuts or so and just got my hand in there.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Bringing up a really old thread..

But which DDM kit did you buy? For some reason when I look I can't find any kit they offer for in the 9003/HB2..

Also does this kit offer high beams or not?

·
Registered
162 Posts
djbobbless said:
Purchase the H4 hi/low kit from ddm tuning.. I've had mine in for a couple of months.. no flickering no issues

H4 is the same thing as 9003, HB2
Thanks, I am going to do that. I had the Halo kit but since Day 1 I have flickering issues and have replaced the bulbs, just want to try a new company...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am on the page now about to buy these. The options...

Wattage: 33W or 55W?
Bult Type: H4 Hi/Lo
HID Harness: Yes or No? (Dual In and Dual Out) Did you buy? Yes right?
Error Eliminator: No

Thanks..

·
Registered
268 Posts
Depending if you want the 35 or 55.. I just ran a 35 kit but 55 is brighter although.
h4 hi/lo (yes)
hid harness (included once you purchase the hi/lo kit automatically)
no need for a error eliminator. unless you have drl or some sort.. i wouldn't know if you do.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts