Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DC Sports Exhaust is for sale on a couple sites. New Level was cheaper than the rest.

http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/dcspcaexsy2014.html

I wish someone had a sound clip of this thing. Tip's not really my style, but if we could get a full catback that didn't sound like a blender full of turds on high, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was working on a system before my fabricator went under but I could not do it for that cheap so it was a moot point anyway since all of the usual suspects are now tossing inexpensive parts into the market the small fab shop has now way to compete. I was working on a full system replacing the cat with a stainless high flow and all stainless pipe with a tucked flat black coated stainless muffler with a turn down that ended at the bumper edge so you could not see it at all but we were looking at $1000 per unit for the system since I could not justify making them 1000 at a time in China.

Dink

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wondered what had happened to the exaust you were working on.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Rubik said:
I wondered what had happened to the exaust you were working on.
Looking at some other shops in the area and am going in to talk to the guys at Altered Atmosphere in a week or so when my father in law picks up his new twin turbo 350z they are building him.

Dink

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also was thinking of buying some stainless and a good muffler and going at a custom design. Something VIPish. Let me know the progress on finding a new shop, Dink. My procrastination means you'll probably be ahead of me.

·
Registered
715 Posts
my idea of a cool exhaust for the cube was the stillen exhaust but instead of been sideways install it in the middle, that will look perfect in my opinion, specially if you have the krom or even the rear lip kit

·
Registered
87 Posts
damian666robin said:
my idea of a cool exhaust for the cube was the stillen exhaust but instead of been sideways install it in the middle, that will look perfect in my opinion, specially if you have the krom or even the rear lip kit
That's exactly what I want (have the lip kit) - it's just what to do with that uh hum "spare tire"

I mean dang, they ran almost the whole exhaust down the center of the car and then went out the left???

·
Registered
839 Posts
gCube said:
damian666robin said:
That's exactly what I want (have the lip kit) - it's just what to do with that uh hum "spare tire"

I mean dang, they ran almost the whole exhaust down the center of the car and then went out the left???
x3, I really like the look of the Stillen but wish they could have configured it so the tip was centered on the car. If it were, I'd get on in a heartbeat. - Dan

·
Registered
16 Posts
I read up and contacted DC about the Catback system they are putting out, it will unfortunately not be 100% on the market for another few months due to test phase. All the websites "selling" it right now have released it pre-maturely, but I am going to definately pick it up as soon as it hits the streets.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I had a custom muffler shop in conyers do a complete catback for $500. He was able to run dual tip exhaust coming from the center of the cube, however I did lose my spare tire at the moment. He said he can fix that easily. I am guessing he is going to make one of the tips removable with a clamp so that the spare tire can come out. That might be a while before that happens. Thank goodness for AAA!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Chompsticks said:
I had a custom muffler shop in conyers do a complete catback for $500. He was able to run dual tip exhaust coming from the center of the cube, however I did lose my spare tire at the moment. He said he can fix that easily. I am guessing he is going to make one of the tips removable with a clamp so that the spare tire can come out. That might be a while before that happens. Thank goodness for AAA!
pics? c'mon man, you can't leave us hanging like that! :(

·
Registered
715 Posts
im personally a bit bored of my stillen lol!
i did thought about delete the resonator and that would be pretty much a cat back but when i met the weapon r guys and showed me prototype how the headers are going to look i was like "i think i rather leave that resonator there" :D :D :D just wait one more month and you will see why ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
damian666robin said:
im personally a bit bored of my stillen lol!
i did thought about delete the resonator and that would be pretty much a cat back but when i met the weapon r guys and showed me prototype how the headers are going to look i was like "i think i rather leave that resonator there" :D :D :D just wait one more month and you will see why ;)
So far I haven't seen any of the exhaust's for the Cube that I think are trashy, even custom setups look good. But my first choice of aftermarket would be the Stillen simply cause I like the way the tip looks. But it doesn't matter at this point since I can't afford any of them right now...LOL

Maybe I'll break out my welder and try my hand at a DIY custom exhaust. I built the one on my 64 Corvair and it seems to be working fine and sounds awesome. I have another muffler in the garage identical to the one on the Corvair.....hmmmm, so I just need a tip...LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts