Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you get the dash mat with your Cube? and if so, did you leave it on?

I was going to leave mine on just for the hell of it... it makes people wonder. :D But the stupid thing keeps coming un-stuck! The glue that's holding the velcro on is getting too warm I guess and the mat is just sliding all over so I had to take it out. Now I need to figure out how to get the left over glue off of the dash.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Try Goo Gone, but make sure to read the instructions and maybe try a tiny dab in someplace inconspicious. Should be okay, believe it's citrous based but don't want you to harm the dash in your new car.

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
152 Posts
I got it, and I love it. 8)

Interesting story though. If mine becomes unstick, hou would I go about sticking it back on (without ruining the dash/carpet of course)

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
193 Posts
My Cube came with it, but my dealer didn't put it on for me, they thought I might not like it on, but when I got home I installed it. I wanted it on, just to help add to the uniqueness of the Cube! ;D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just out of curiosity, is there a purpose for this rug? I left mine on just because I didn't feel like messing with it but can't, for the life of me, figure out what it's for outside an odd decoration.

·
Registered
929 Posts
XCoconutMonkey06X said:
Just out of curiosity, is there a purpose for this rug? I left mine on just because I didn't feel like messing with it but can't, for the life of me, figure out what it's for outside an odd decoration.
I use it to hold my sunglasses.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I set my PSP on it and it does not move no matter how crazy I drive, it leaves a cool PSP "footprint" in the carpet. I imagine a wallet, phone, etc would be the practical use for the mat, but like the brochure says, its a throw back to disco, and shag never goes out of style! ;-)

·
Registered
140 Posts
KeychainDan said:
I did leave the dash mat on and haven't had any issues yet. If you want to keep it up there, you might want to try some of that non-slip matting.

Here's what I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Type-S-AC30272-60-Custom-Non-Slip/dp/B001PRPBC4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1245158517&sr=8-3
went to my local target and saw these already precut into 6" diameter circles in a pack of 4 for $1. since the dash is sunken in, 1 disc wasnt enough.. i wound up stacking 3 disks and the cubic hair piece doesnt move. im still wondering if i should leave it on. it doesnt seem very useful b/c anything i put on there becomes blazing hot from the sun.

·
Registered
135 Posts
As a side note, I do not leave anything on the carpet mat when I am not operating the Cube.

·
Registered
336 Posts
since i opted not to get the interior design package on my new cube order (more on that later!), i won't be getting any mini-shag love. but i've been brainstorming other things to put in the dash indentation...perhaps a basket of some sort?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Kinda like the VW Vase?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts