Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my NRG carbon fibre dampers in - nice addition, but I had to spend almost ten minutes outside in the cold garage. Actually, I was surprised at how fast and easy a job it is.

Now for my question. These are low pressure cylinders without a great deal of lift. I'm wondering what would happen if I put Dynamat on the inside of the hood. It's pretty heavy stuff. If that would make the hood too heavy for the cylinders, I'd have to look for something stronger. I have Dynamat on another car's hood, and there is a big difference is weight.

Jerry

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No rattles, but Dynamat eliminates noise and vibration, so I put it wherever I can. I'll do the Cube in the spring, or whenever it gets warm.

Jerry

·
Registered
715 Posts
kidding me!!!! not even my carbon fiber hood rattles or shakes
you can put it on the doors or trunk, you know where it will be perfect because i notice it, in the inner part of the back of the cube where the ripple black plastic piece is, when i go a bit faster i hear like the rear window is open but is because its pretty thin in there, your roof will rattle a lot after a nice pair of woofers so you may keep that one in mind

·
Registered
175 Posts
Would this help keep engine noise down? I noticed way back when I was test driving a cube that the engine was a tad noisy at medium throttle or more when accelerating. Pretty quiet when cruising, though.

·
Registered
715 Posts
armadillo said:
Would this help keep engine noise down? I noticed way back when I was test driving a cube that the engine was a tad noisy at medium throttle or more when accelerating. Pretty quiet when cruising, though.
and it will also help you engine to caught on fire when something goes wrong in there :D :D :D
but hey is our ride so do as desired
i just think if i had sucha problem with a noisy engine i wouldnt even bought the car from begining...i,ll probably hit the euro dealers and spend 4 times what a cube cost me $17,000 out the dealer when my audi costed me $42,000
and guess what it still had a engine noise...my blow off lol! :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd like to put some Dynamat under the headliner, but I'm sure I'd bend it while removing/reinstalling. That would be a permanent defect that would drive me crazy.

If you're reading this and you've never used Dynamat, give it a shot. I get the Xtreme in the bulk pack, #10455, on eBay. Do every surface you can get to, and it will make a big difference. It's best to take a weekend and do the whole car all at once. That way you will notice a big difference when you drive it for the first time. It's like driving with your ears partially blocked. I went to extremes and used that expanding foam in areas where I couldn't put the Dynamat - like the door sills.

Jerry

·
Registered
715 Posts
k i got you there, but what about all the weight you will be adding with this stuff? when i imagine all the entire car been done in dynamat i imagine at least easy extra 120 lb. permanent to the car, i seen the trunk kits from dynamat and that alone weighted like 25 lb.
it will be like you have a full adult on the cube all the time, so let,s say if you have your cube full with two adults in the front and two 3 adults in the back your cube will feel like you have 6 persons total so i dont know what the outcome will be gas spending wise, dont get me wrong myself i am in the middle of dynamating but i am only doing the four doors
i barely drive this car so dynamating the whole car may not be sucha bad idea after all will see

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that weight is the enemy of good gas mileage, but I also know that I like a quiet car. One big box of Dyna weighs about 22 lb - including the packaging, and I figure I can do the job with two boxes. That would be like carrying a 44 lb kid in the car, but a 44 lb kid would be really noisy, so I come out ahead. No kid and less noise. I doubt that a car that weighs 2,771 lbs will care about an extra 44 lbs. I could keep the windshield washer and gas tank half full and remove the rubber floor mats. I suppose I could lose a few pounds, but I don't have too many to spare.

I've averaged 29.55 mpg for 2,468 miles.

I'm just looking forward to warmer weather so I can take it all apart and make it quieter.

Jerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts