Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nissan will reportedly not rebuild the CVT transmission, so chances are it would be rather pricey since you would have to replace it. When I asked the dealers, they never seemed to know much about it. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. There have been few issues with it and the transmission has been in Nissans since 2003.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for your reply, still can't decide, auto or stick.. i will be buying my cube this year, just waiting for the 2010 to come out, we don't have the krom model here, maybe in the fall.

·
Registered
690 Posts
i talked with a long-time tranny repair shot owner. was told that if you plan on keeping ANY car long term (10+ yrs), that a manual would be the way to go. less moving parts. the won't rebuild them (CVTs) for a reason. btw, i got a CVT. lol! ***crossing fingers***

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, my car now is a stick, 20yrs young and still going!!! I tend to keep my cars for a while. I think i will buy the cvt, because that's what i really want, an automatic, and not worry about it , live for today and in the moment. ???

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have a 100,000 warranty so I assume they will just replace it?

Pejay66

1 - 6 of 6 Posts