Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forums, but I did not see the answer...
Does anyone know the refill capacity of the CVT fluid when you pull the drain plug? I suspect is will be less than the stated capacity, but not sure how much less. This looks so easy to do, I'm going to change mine at the 22,500 mile mark. I haven't checked what my dealer charges per quart for CVT fluid, does anyone know?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can't remember what the specs are, but I do recall that it is a long life fluid. The dealer actually checks it with diagnostic equipment through a sensor, which shows the percentage of life remaining in the fluid. I recall that it is quite expensive as well.

I'm quite sure that changing it at your low mileage, will not be neccessary. I recommend that you talk to the dealer, before you pull the plug.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nop You got 30,000 miles to a change. Dealer has two different levels of replacement first is just oil change, and second is oil change and computer check of the trany.

·
Registered
686 Posts
The 30,000 Schedule 1 and 2 only requires that the fluid be inspected. I cannot see that they ever call for it to be replaced. The "Premium Maintenance" requires replacement of fluid at 30,000 or 24 month intervals

·
Registered
12 Posts
I read this in the '09 factory service manual on page MA-8. Does anyone know more about this?

"And if CONSULT-III is not available, change (not just inspect) CVT fluid NS-2 every 60,000 miles (96,000 km)."

·
Registered
152 Posts
jets022 said:
I read this in the '09 factory service manual on page MA-8. Does anyone know more about this?

"And if CONSULT-III is not available, change (not just inspect) CVT fluid NS-2 every 60,000 miles (96,000 km)."
Consult-III is a computer software that Nissan uses for diagnostics and maintenance of all things electronic on their vehicles. In this case, there is a sensor in the tranny that tells them the useful life remaining in the fluid. A Nissan tech told me that he once checked a Murano with 200K on it, that came up with 97% life remaining.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts