Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

I'd like to get a feel on the stats of members with CVT trannys.

• Replaced then failed again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
At 19K I've had no issues with my CVT so far but this problem has me concerned especially since it seems for those who have had failures the new CVT is always on back order and it will be weeks before it can be received.

Nissan knows they have a problem, I believe that is why they increased the warranty. So why don’t they get a few regionally placed throughout the country to assist their customers when there is a failure?

Update 15 Apr 11:

This week my concern of my Cube's CVT was realized, its been diagnosed as dying. Now at just over 20K I took it to a local dealer on Wednesday, they pulled a code and confirmed with Nissan that the CVT is toast. I'm waiting to hear the ETA of the new CTV.

·
Registered
156 Posts
43,000 miles on my 2009 krom. I have only had two problems so far. The frame under the drivers seat had to be replaced as it got lose. Then the cvt control computer malfunctioned and was replaced.

I did not vote in the poll, I'm not sure my problem falls under the options.

My cube also has zero mechanical modifications.

Something I have always wondered is how those who had new cvt's, drive their cubes? I drive the crap out of my cube and it has been great. That cvt computer which was replaced was a defect as opposed to wear and tear, according to the dealer anyway.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had my CVT replaced not that long ago. It did your typical surge, took video, called dealer Monday morning, took it in that day, showed them the video, drove the loaner home, got a call on Tuesday afternoon, cube was ready with a brand new CVT. Painless.
New CVVT has had no effect on my gas mileage, power, feel/drive of the car at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts