Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My green cube is becoming a Woodie next Saturday! I went to my local dealer to have an oil change and saw this small poster sitting on the windshield of the Cube in the showroom. It is being done by an aftermarket vendor in the dealer's work bay.

I will post photos of the real thing next weekend once it is complete. My understanding is that it is not permanent (no removal of finish or anything) and is removable with no ill effects.

It is not inexpensive, but I really like it and am forgoing some other accessories I was hankering after in order to have it done. There are nine pieces, including one on the rear which does not seem to be on the Cube in the photo...

I am sure it is not the thing for everyone, maybe not even anyone else on the forum, but I thought I would share!

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
I think what they're using is like they put on Military vehicles, city bus, various cars / trucks used for advertising. We just called it saran wrap for lack of a better name. I don't know what it's really called. But it's a breathable vinyl that also allows some sunlight through so the area under it doesn't discolor differently than exposed areas. When you're tired of it you just peel it off. No adhesive to fool with. - Dan

·
Registered
270 Posts
WOW, that looks great on the blue. I don't think it would look as good on any of the other colors except maybe the brown.

·
Registered
304 Posts
1HoTCuBe said:
real woood would look awsome! but if its vynl.. omg your a fcking loser! haha
That's a bit harsh, don't you think? I know we all don't like the same things but to call someone a "fcking loser" because they are doing something to their car that you don't like seems a bit too harsh in my opinion.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Steel~Gray said:
1HoTCuBe said:
That's a bit harsh, don't you think? I know we all don't like the same things but to call someone a "fcking loser" because they are doing something to their car that you don't like seems a bit too harsh in my opinion.
Completely agree.

·
Registered
839 Posts
schtebie said:
Steel~Gray said:
1HoTCuBe said:
Completely agree.

I agree as well. None of us really modifies our cars to please others (although that would be a plus). We do it to please ourself. We all don't have the same tase and it's a good thing we don't. The world would be awefully boring. Sometimes its better not to comment rather than to say something rude or obnoxious, especially in a public forum. - Dan

·
Registered
839 Posts
1HoTCuBe said:
did you not see my post above? i do not bash anyone on this forum at all am open to others comments and modifcations to their cars..
Hey that's cool. This wouldn't be the first time a "Friend" posted something crappy using someone else's account on a forum. I'm glad you said something. I've learned in a short time that most folks here on this forum are pretty courteous to others. Opinions are great, it's the delivery that counts. - Dan

·
Registered
839 Posts
1HoTCuBe said:
yeah i have been very active in the cube community and would never discourage another member..in fact i think the woodie thing is cool! my first post indicates that...
Well I'm not as crazy about the woody thing on the cube......yet.

But I wasn't crazy about it on the PT Cruiser either, then when I saw one in person for the first time I had to re-think my position. As it turns out the PT wears the vinyl woody theme very well and I like it. Then the HHR came out, but unfortunately, it doesn't look good IMO with the same treatment. So like the others before the cube, I wait to pass judgement till I see one done up in person. - Dan

BTW, Thanks for pointing me to you're first post in response to the crappy one. My bad, I didn't see it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Well, it would have been cheaper to just buy a PT Cruiser... but I do congratulate you for originality! Put a surfboard on the roof & you have a futuristic woodie. Maybe Ron Jons would sponsor you & pay for the wood?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts