Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: :mad: :mad: WTF is wrong with people and how the fffff do they get there license :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I park my car and walk across the street, someone tries to parallel park behind me, they couldn't do it could they, go back to driving school or get a smaller car!!! swipes the side of my bumper, i am watching the whole thing from across the street, i am yelling at her to stop, totally clueless. she says, i didn't feel or hear anything, i didn't hit your car, yes you did you dumb ass!!! scratches.....
o.k. three times now, I hope that's it.
i feel better now, just needed to vent.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Good point Christine..............from what I hear and have read over the last few months, when you are involved in an accident nowadays, the police look into your cell phone records to see if you were on the phone or texting if you're the driver at fault. They nailed some lady in my general area who struck and killed an officer at an accident investigation site. She was texting and God knows what else when she struck him and then she tried to alter her cell phone records, but to no avail.
Also............one day I watched 8 cars go past at an intersection..........5 out of 8 drivers were on their cell phones. I've seen several of my neighbors leaving home (pulling out of the driveway and heading up the street past my house) and they're already ON THE PHONE !!! I always wonder...........who in the hell are all these people talking to??????
I was on the way to pick up my students from school the other day.....following a Lexus going slow, weaving and generally impeding everyone else's progress and when I got up beside her at a light I looked down and here is this fat lady with a Big Mac and fries spread out in her lap AND using a cell phone while stuffing her face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was multi-tasking in POPWD fashion......(putting on pounds while driving) So many times I wish I was a cop when I see these dumbasses!!!!!!!!

Sorry for all the ranting, but these people really piss a person off!!!!! I've personally watched 3 different people nail someone elses vehicle when trying to park. Turned in one of them cause I was able to get her license # before she got away. I backed into someone's car once and went into the office building to find them, apologize, and bring them out to check out any damage. I was embarrased, but felt better for the honesty afterwards.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ChristineK said:
Did you exchange information so she can pay for damages? Was she on the cell phone :roll:
yep, got all her info and went to my insurance co. this morning, they were great there, now it is wait and see, if she denies it I have a fight on my hands.... and fight I will....

·
Registered
464 Posts
So sorry to hear about your Cube, IF the woman was on her cell phone ...shoot her please or hire a hit man to do so, she should not be alive YES I HARTE PEOPLE ON THEIR CELL PHONE WHILE BREATHING, I WAS AT THE MOVIES AND THE JERK BEHIND ME WAS ON HIS CELL PHONE DURING THE MOVIE WHAT A ARROGANT BASTARD! several of us told him to shut up I wanted to find him after the show and beat the crap out of him. I wish him instant brain cancer from using his cell phone. I wish they would ban ALL cell phones that would save a few lives every day. oh Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Do take some pics of the scene!!!!
If he/she's are is in front of yours, the chances of them being at fault is higher than yours since they are backing up.
Take some pics of the scene, your damage and their damage. The insurance co/judges can tell what's going on (99%) based on the pics.

Advice:
If this happens on a public street and the person hitting you denies it, call the police and get a police report.
I had one dude backing up into my car and still denies it. My car alarm went off and I came out...clearly shows the damage of my car caused by his towing hitch.
Called and police and took care of the issue. I told the police this guy hits my car and denies it. The police was mad at that guy (who can't drive).

·
Registered
929 Posts
hana said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: WTF is wrong with people and how the fffff do they get there license :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I park my car and walk across the street, someone tries to parallel park behind me, they couldn't do it could they, go back to driving school or get a smaller car!!! swipes the side of my bumper, i am watching the whole thing from across the street, i am yelling at her to stop, totally clueless. she says, i didn't feel or hear anything, i didn't hit your car, yes you did you dumb ass!!! scratches.....
I understand. I'm pretty hyped up myself after getting cut off this morning. And no, no cell phone... just a woman driver.

TropicalCube said:
IF the woman was on her cell phone ...shoot her please or hire a hit man to do so
I hope someone shows you the same treatment.

So what are you going to do when your cell phone witchhunt comes to fruition, yet accidents are still happening? Throw people in prison for using ESP while driving? Death penalty to anyone caught glancing away from the center line of the road???????

Seriously, you anti-cellphone people are too much.........................

·
Registered
671 Posts
hana said:
Some assert nothing is stupider than a horse, or a sheep, or even a lemming, but totally wrong. The absolute epitome of stupidity is achieved only in the human being! To be sure, not always the case, but that creature has been demonstrated to be remarkably worthless in a truly amazing number and variety of occurrances :(.

·
Registered
671 Posts
none said:
So what are you going to do when your cell phone witchhunt comes to fruition, yet accidents are still happening? Throw people in prison for using ESP while driving? Death penalty to anyone caught glancing away from the center line of the road???????

Seriously, you anti-cellphone people are too much.........................
Hate to have to say this, but the typical cellphone using idiot behind the wheel is a significant cause of accidents and injuries and deaths. State after state in the U.S. are coming out with laws to help control their irresponsible usage. Nowadays, we also have texting (an extension on cell phones) that result in further accidents, injuries, and deaths including railroad in addition to automobile collisions. No interactive communication device has any business in the hands of anyone with any responsibility for coping with conditions outside their vehicle. Any that do anyway should indeed be taken off the roads before they cause serious harm to others.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am sorry, but additional laws only teach people to ignore the law, especially when the laws are unenforceable. The states won't enforce the laws since cell phones are a major source of income for the states. You are virtually guaranteed a cell phone signal on any interstate in the US. The reason being the state renting/leasing land for cell towers. In Illinois and Indiana, most of the interchanges have cell towers on state property. If you are really serious about reducing accidents involving cell phone usage, I suggest you lobby you state government to prohibit erection of cell towers within a mile of an interstate.

Just remember, you can't outlaw stupid.

torgrot

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm on the highway, twice a day, every day. I can honestly tell you that it's an equal amount of stupid women and stupid men using cell phones while driving, whether they're talking or texting on them. Hell, on an off-ramp I had some moron on a crotch rocket nearly run into the side of me because he was TEXTING on his iPhone while going through the turn at 60 mph!!! And I can't remember the last time I've seen someone change lanes or turn off somewhere and using their turn signal.

I tell you, if brake lights didn't come on automatically when you applied the brakes, people wouldn't use them either.

And torgrot, I believe there are a couple states that it IS illegal to use a cell phone while driving.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In Chicago it is illegal to use a cell phone unless it is hands free. My point is that it is an unenforceable law. If you have ever driven the Borman Expressway between I-65 and the Illinois Indiana state line, you will see moving violations, by virtually every driver on the road, trucks, cars, motorcycles. The speed limit is 55 on that stretch and I don't think anyone travels less than 65 there. The speed limit is unenforceable there. It is illegal to drive over 55 there, everyone does. The volume of traffic there makes the law unenforceable. The other morning a road worker was hit and killed in a construction zone by someone speeding. They were still driving in excess of 55 this morning.

I have a cell phone, and seldom use it. There is a time and a place for cell phones. The only way to stop people from using a cell phone while on the road is to make cell phones not work on the road. You just teach people to break the law when you enact laws you don't have a prayer of a chance of enforcing.

torgrot

·
Registered
929 Posts
By that same logic, why have cars that allow the driver to operate them? That would sure cut down on speeding (OMG!) and bad drivers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you pass a law that makes it illegal to operate a car, I would have difficulty with that law, because you can't enforce that law. We as a society often think that if a law is passed that everyone will obey it. The solution is not to pass the law but to convince people to behave differently. Laws don't change behavior.

torgrot

·
Registered
84 Posts
torgrot said:
If you pass a law that makes it illegal to operate a car, I would have difficulty with that law, because you can't enforce that law. We as a society often think that if a law is passed that everyone will obey it. The solution is not to pass the law but to convince people to behave differently. Laws don't change behavior.

torgrot
Well if someone's irresponsible behavior causes harm to me or one of my family members; I am not going to be happy if the driver says "sorry" and suffers no other consequences.

The only way I know how to "convince" someone to not act irresponsible is a threat of punishment. If there is not a law to punish the bad behavior, then my only recourse is to sue the person. So no laws makes for more and richer lawyers.

People need to take personal responsibility for their behavior and willingly accept punishment by the state, injured party, or both.

What would you do if someone's irresponsible behavior injured your son or daughter?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Various municipalities in Delaware have started cracking down on cellphones and texting while driving. In some areas it's now a primary offense. Just because people habitually do it doesn't mean it should be ignored. If the penalties are high enough and reasonable liklihood of prosecution is established, then people may begin exhibiting responsible behavior.

Is it a given that people are hopelessly stupid and self-centered? Maybe it is, but I foolishly tend to think some of these two legged idiots may wake up to what they and there brethren are inflicting upon themselves and others. Perhaps it's one of those things that never sinks in until some other idiot trashes somebody you actually care about? Technology is a wonderful thing, except when it assists people in their typical inclination to ignore all other considerations but their own personal convenience.

Wireless is unquestionably a boon for the companies that provide it, but in terms of its impact on the public welfare, it's just a disease -- and that's before including the "sexting" insanity that's currently taking place among the very young. Do you really want your children participating in the liberties current technology makes not only practical, but convenient (how about Facebook -- a very effective access point for predators)? It's more than enough that child molesters have an ever increasing opportunity to find targets, but is it really necessary that technology aid and abet them by enabling the young to present themselves on a platter?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts