Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

Which Cube do you feel is worth the price?

• SL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Krum

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a Cube before the end of the year. With the given options and packages, what do YOU feel is the best for the money? What options are a 'must have' in your opinion? The SL or the Krum and why? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Supercab95 said:
I'm looking to buy a Cube before the end of the year. With the given options and packages, what do YOU feel is the best for the money? What options are a 'must have' in your opinion? The SL or the Krum and why? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
For me.....neither

I only drive cars with a manual transmission and the manual isn't available in either of the two models you listed.

But with that said, which do I think would be the better option between to two. Well for me it would have to be the SL. I'm not crazy about the Krom trim. The grille treatment is a bit too bold for me and I don't really care for the front lip. - Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Dan. Also, I bet the 1964 Corvair Monza Coupe 110 4 speed is sweet. You don't see many of those vehicles on the road.....at least here in PA.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Best bang for the buck? SL hands down.

The krom only offers appearance upgrades which are tremendous profit generators for the manufacturer (the new camaro charges $500 for stripes!). Unless info has changed, you can't get sat. radio in the krom which is silly being "top of the line" in terms of costs nor is rear sonar available even as an option. The krom rear spoiler has a warning to not use automatic car washes. You'll be forever correcting people's mispronunciations. :)

Full disclosure: I have an SL. With the preferred package, it's the best bang for the buck (albeit at the high end of the line).

·
Registered
839 Posts
Supercab95 said:
Thanks for the reply Dan. Also, I bet the 1964 Corvair Monza Coupe 110 4 speed is sweet. You don't see many of those vehicles on the road.....at least here in PA.
Yes, the Corvair is a rare bird these day's. I also have a 64 Spyder but it's trashed. I'm using the Turbo Motor and all the trimmings from it to clone my Monza into a Spyder. - Dan

The 64 is the only year for the Spyder model, in 62 & 63 the Spyder was an option package, not a model designation. In 65 they renamed the turbo model to the Corsa. - Dan

·
Registered
657 Posts
Supercab95 said:

i dont think you should get the krom unless you really like the look of it. and for the sl it has really cool stuff but the 1.8 SL Preferred Package is 1600. the Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition is really cool but i think you can add that on after for a lot less. and it comes with a whole lot of speakers but aftermarket sound systems are always better. and you can do a whole lot with 1600. and it comes with a few other cool stuff but i dont think its really worth it.

good luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
meisrandy said:
i dont think you should get the krom unless you really like the look of it. and for the sl it has really cool stuff but the 1.8 SL Preferred Package is 1600. the Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition is really cool but i think you can add that on after for a lot less. and it comes with a whole lot of speakers but aftermarket sound systems are always better. and you can do a whole lot with 1600. and it comes with a few other cool stuff but i dont think its really worth it.

good luck
What are you smoking??? Not only would it cost more to add it on later, your forgetting about the rear sonar system and the integrated bluetooth, which makes up any price difference you could have. just having the Intelli-key alone would (and should) cost more from comparable automakers than the $1600 they are asking for it from Nissan.

·
Registered
270 Posts
AyaRei said:
meisrandy said:

good luck
What are you smoking??? Not only would it cost more to add it on later, your forgetting about the rear sonar system and the integrated bluetooth, which makes up any price difference you could have. just having the Intelli-key alone would (and should) cost more from comparable automakers than the $1600 they are asking for it from Nissan.
Don't forget installation and warranty issues of DYI and aftermarket items.

Going by meisrandy's train of thought, it would be much easier to trick out an S or SL to approximate Krom trim since it's mainly appearance items that bolt on, aftermarket wheels are cheaper/nicer, etc.

·
Registered
222 Posts
To me, the best value is the SL with the Preferred Package. Has virtually all of the high-end features the Krom has without all the flashy treatment. It'll leave you with a nice blank canvas to make the car your own.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would have to go with the SL, but seeing as NOW, the 2010 "S" trim comes standard with bluetooth/ steering wheel controls/ 6 speakers/ iPOD integration to me, that seems like a better choice, but it all depends what your looking for. Hope you get what you want!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts