Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a Cube and joined this forum to do some research. I am glad to read how happy Cube owners are with their decision in general.

Last night, I heard a rumor that the Cube will be discontinued in 2011. I was all set to buy one until I heard this. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
715 Posts
nah it wont be discontinued at all, around 2011 it may suffer a small face lift but still i really doubt it since it just landed here in the USA as the 3rd generation cube and been a huge succes for the last 10 years on europe and japan this car is far from a discontinue flag

·
Registered
839 Posts
What Damien said. Very doubtful that something as successful as the Cube will be discontinued so early after it's introduction to the US market. A lot of research was done before they imported it based on the competition like the xB and other boxy cars and it's success in Japan. It may go through some minor changes in the upcoming years but I would think it should remain pretty much the same as it is now, simply cause it's becoming quite popular. - dan

·
Registered
194 Posts
Speaking of competition, I have to say the Soul has got favorable review from most comparison.
What does the Cube need in order to better itselt?

I say a more powerful engine option along with more sporty suspension.
And make that available to the lower model as well, not just the top end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually it was a Kia salesman. The Kia dealership and the Nissan dealership in my town are owned by the same people, so I thought there might be some truth to it.

------------Original quote-------
Let me guess - a Toyota Scion salesman told you this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: "Speaking of competition, I have to say the Soul has got favorable review from most comparison.
What does the Cube need in order to better itself?"

---------------------------------------------------

I like the funky look of the Cube exterior better than the Soul, but the interior of the Cube is pretty bland. It would be nice if it had the glass roof like the Japan version has. My Smart car has that kind of roof and it makes it feel so much more 'open' and bright.

That said, the Soul is not without its own drawbacks, so the jury is still out as far as I am concerned.

I want to have a new car by the end of March, so I guess I had better get busy reading some more posts on here to help me make a decision.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I appreciate the feedback - and the welcome. You are a good bunch!

·
Registered
582 Posts
My dealership here in Amarillo, Tx can not keep them on the lot. It is a lot of car for the price and I have an SL!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Back last year chrysler announced that they would be selling a re-badged Nissan Versa in Mexico. I wander if they would be re-tooling to that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't read anything official. What worries me is that there is nothing to be found in the way of a 2012 cube. Not to suprising since very little has changed since I got mine in '09. However, it does make me worry. We still haven't received the cubic or the glass top cube :(

·
Registered
672 Posts
In the unlikely event that the Cube is discontinued, I will still be able to keep mine. It's not like they are going to come around and take them all back. Parts won't be a problem because it shares lots of parts with other Nissan models. I still see Oldsmobiles and Pontiacs riding around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I read on this board that the Krom will be discontinued in 2012 and for no other reason than it was supposed to be a limited edition anyway.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: Cube to be discontinued? changes?

Cube improvements ?!
Cube is a little short. A tailgate of some sort would make bed length for say a piece of plywood work better and obviously could be left open if necessary.
Maybe an option that lets the rear glass be opened so items longer than 8ft could be carried. A real heater/airconditioning.Make the doors so they don't sound like a tin can.

·
Registered
930 Posts

steelespike said:
Cube improvements ?!
Cube is a little short. A tailgate of some sort would make bed length for say a piece of plywood work better and obviously could be left open if necessary.
Maybe an option that lets the rear glass be opened so items longer than 8ft could be carried. A real heater/airconditioning.Make the doors so they don't sound like a tin can.
Ugh! I hope that reviews from US drivers don't all end up saying the cube is too short. Pretty soon the new cube is going to end up being like the 2nd gen xB....

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

Chompsticks said:
steelespike said:
Cube improvements ?!
Ugh! I hope that reviews from US drivers don't all end up saying the cube is too short. Pretty soon the new cube is going to end up being like the 2nd gen xB....
Second gen xB are so big compared to the 1st gen. Actually, the NA xB is the Toyota Corrola Rumion in Japan with a better frontend. The real bB doesn't look like that and I don't think NA would've like it anyway.

first gen xB > second gen xB

·
Registered
415 Posts
my local dealer is all out of Cubes and there's no more Cube option listed on the Models menu.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Chompsticks said:
steelespike said:
Cube improvements ?!
Gee whiz I didn't say make it bigger; Just fix it so longer items could be carried.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts