Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! in 2013 I leased a cube and those 3 years were wonderful. Due to financial reasons I let it go back (big mistake - I loved that car). So now I am shopping for a used Cube. I have found a 2011 for sale that I plan to test drive today. Any advice on the differences between the 2011 and the 2013? this used one has 120k miles on it. I have often had higher mileage cars with little worries but wondered if the Cube is cause for concern? My current Honda has 170k and runs great still, but it is a manual and I have arthritis problems that make the shifting painful. Any info and advice is most welcome!

·
Registered
686 Posts
If it has a CVT make sure it has been properly serviced or you may be in for a very expensive replacement.
I had owned a 2010 and a 2013. There were no changes that I could find.

·
Registered
118 Posts
A concern is the original CVT transmission design for the 2009, 2010 and maybe the 2011 Cubes. As a precautionary measure, check what the warranty is (it was extended for 2009/2010, IIRC) and the service history is particularly for the transmission. Otherwise, the Cube design is a reliable car and is largely unchanged meaning it is basically the same generation car 2009 - 2014 (KROM cosmetic edition, excepted).The CVT transmission fluid should be replaced every 60,000 miles. Or every 30,000 miles if you live in a really harsh climate, year round its super hot as one example.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Unfortunately, Nissan CVT's are the worst, too bad you couldnt buy a manual, I believe only 2009 and 2010 cvt cubes were recalled...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts