Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an 09 krom for several years and sold it a couple years ago. Just recently picked up another ‘09 S for super cheap because the trans is slipping. I already have a wrecked Cube that I’m going to swap trans with, so I’ve been updating a few things on it.
I thought I would document my work on it, in case anyone cares.
I started by taking all the interior out because it had been smoked in and wreaked of cigarette smoke. My donor car is a ‘10 krom, so I ended up swapping all the seats and interior panels because I like the looks of the krom interior much better, and it was in much better shape too. I did pull out the carpet and pressure washed it to get it good and clean, along with those shaggy floormats.
I forgot to take a before pic, but here’s some in-progress and final pics. (Sorry, a little out of order)
I will note that the pass side front seat plug for the airbag sensor was different between the model years. I had to do some cutting and rewiring of the plugs.
Also wasn’t able to swap a few things that I had hoped for. Their are quite a few differences between the manual and auto climate controls. I have all the parts, but the amount of work to swap just isn’t worth it.
My donor also has the rear camera and radio that accompanies it, but the wiring isn’t there in the 2009 model to support it. Same for the rear door subwoofer. I still swapped it in the ‘09 and will eventually update the sub and amp to work with my radio. It is also too labor intensive to swap the wiring harnesses to make it work.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Steering wheel
Plant Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk Automotive tire
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Car
Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Steering part
Wheel Tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice photos and work. I am laughing a bit, as every single Cube of that vintage that I saw in trying to find my own cube to buy, had that exact same tear from wear on the driver's seat side by the door, the stitching there just seems to wear or come loose at the seams at that exact spot on all of them. Only seems to happen on that driver's seat and on that one side of them. ;-) I have an '09 red Cube. Thanks for sharing. Lots of work involved, but looks really great. Be proud of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts