Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still debating weather i would want to get a cube, mazda 5 or xb. i noticed the price on the cube in my area. they are about 20k range. the xb's are around 16k for similar features. the 5 is about 18k. why is the cube more money?

·
Registered
38 Posts
sticker on most of the instock cubes in my area is in the 16-20k range. If it is an 09 it should be pretty easy to talk the dealer down.

IMO the high end 09 cubes aren't worth it, but I didnt like the aero package and I just felt the SL preferred package was to much for the what you got. The 10 cube preferred package is a bit nicer with the USB and rear view camera. The 10 S series has a better feature set than the 09 as well.

The stance I took was - I can get an 09 for cheap, or wait for a 10 and get some nicer features but pay more. I ended up getting an 09.
I don't know why dealers/Nissan is putting more incentives on the Cube. Most of them are just sitting on the lot in my area. Granted I live not far from Philly, but in a 50 mile radius from me there are probably 200-250 cubes. I had to make my own deal with the dealer though.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The Cubes for $20k are fully loaded. There is one in my area for $14k. Nissan makes a better product than Toyota/Scion... if you've ever driven a Scion you would know they're not worth it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not entirely true, the yaris is built better than the versa. Tundra is better than the titan. I like the cube because it has personality compared to the current xb. I just don't see me paying anything around the 20k mark. If I do buy it will be late this year or early next year, hopefully the 10s will be lower than now. Btw is 122hp enough? Or do people wish for at least 30 more hp?

·
Registered
929 Posts
I would not consider the Yaris to be better built than the Versa, and in general I am always disappointed by the drive-ability of Toyota products. They feel disconnected from the road, and the HP numbers seem inflated.

In contrast, the Cube's HP feels enough for me - and the handling is very fun and lively.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I had a friend who had a scion TC, He told me he would never go back to a toyota product. After looking at his car I was astounded at the little problems that were not right. He traded in for a Nissan Altima.

·
2,084 Posts
staypuft said:
Not entirely true, the yaris is built better than the versa. Tundra is better than the titan.
I am an easy going person on such matters and am willing and accept others opinions. Just see how how others trash my Fit and I am totally cool with it. I have to pay the loan and them theirs! I would like to say in my own opinion I climbed in the Tundra and it was so tight and plastic I did not even want to test drive it, I did under dealer pressure. I left and bought the Titan that at that time out towed the Tundra.

I have not been in the new Tundra but if the improvements are as monumental as stated I might consider it. I hope they reduced the plastic feel of the user environment! In the old model it was all plastic all the time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i like nissans and toyotas. but when i bought my yaris i test drove a versa and thought it was too flimsy in my opinon. so i opted for the yaris. i drove a cube last month as well as the xb. i like how spacious it is and its uniqueness. the xb felt so plain but for the price i might just go with the xb unless i get a great deal on the cube.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here's my take:

I have to say in general Toyota makes better vehicle than Nissan in terms of reliablity and qualities.
Comparing a Corolla to a Sentra/Versa, I find Corolla to have very good interior materials and great fit and finishes throughout.
In contrasts, Nissan (including Infiniti) tend to have cost cutting here and there.

If you sat in the follow cars you know what I mean:
quest vs sienna
titan vs tundra (i find the previous tundra to be better in terms of material, built...not power/performance).
is350 vs g37
xb vs cube.

We own 2 cars currenlty (Cube and G35) despite how I feel about Nissan vs Toyota. I have to say the reason we got our Nissan is due to styling, values, performance, reliability.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im pretty set on getting a cube saw a couple on the road today and i had time to admire them. im thinking bitter chocolate or moss green

·
Registered
929 Posts
miata007 said:
is350 vs g37
xb vs cube.
I've sat in these & have much preferred Nissan's products. Night & day difference in style and quality. The IS350, for example, lacks the refinement found in the G. Toyota products love to use a digital lcd clock from the 80's, whereas Infiniti has timeless, detailed movements.

Puff, excellent color choice. If I could do it over again, I'd get green for sure!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought mine for a lil over 17k, basic color and options, its automatic and had I been willing to drive the standard it would of come out to 15,500k, now around new year I hear them on the radio going for 11,995 but I assumed that was with trade in, I really dont think any brand new car would go for 12k unless you were trading in a car in return as well. But overall the Cube for the price was a good deal, ive wasted a lot more money on reparing the windshield than anything else :(

laters

·
Registered
315 Posts
It is all in what you like in a car and how much you are willing to pay for it.
We test drove a Kia Soul a Scion XB and the Nissan Cube.
To us, the Kia Soul rode like a truck with wooden seats and the entire car felt cheap.
The Scion XB was uncomfortable and bland for all the hype.
We just loved the Cube and we felt we got a good deal for it (it was about $300 below invoice).

Which car you like and how much you are willing to pay for it all comes down to your own personal opinion. We got the 09 Cube because we didn't feel like waiting for the 10's and the 10 was a few 1000 more than what we paid now.

·
Registered
929 Posts
There is a guy in town with a brand new xB. Every time he sees my Cube, he stares with this longing gaze, as if he realizes he made a big mistake with the Scion LOL :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts