Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the fake blue screen printed glow was really bothering me, so I locked myself in the lab and came up with this.
what do you think?
so far I have them in flat black, carbon fiber, or pearl white. brushed metal coming soon.

sorry for the blurry camera phone pics

·
2,084 Posts
Wow, that changes the look huge. I am not sure I like it but it is a nice job none the less. I am sure others might like this a lot. I would love to see other designs.

·
Registered
472 Posts
any possibility in changing the lil holes for the lights back to the original symbols?
(i wont be able to remember wich is wich

·
Registered
170 Posts
insanely^3 said:
any possibility in changing the lil holes for the lights back to the original symbols?
(i wont be able to remember wich is wich
I agree with this comment...no way I would ever remember what light means what. Would love to the see the white gauge face...would be totally worth making this fun upgrade!
8)

·
Registered
163 Posts
One question. Did you actually change the color of the lighting source, or is there a bit of PhotoShopping involved here?

The colors of the stock instument cluster are as follows:

Speedometer and Tach indicating needles are red. . . . . . .your's are blue

Turn Signal Arrows are green. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .your's are blue

LCD Display is orange on black. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .your's is orange on blue

Would you share some details with us?

Thanks
Guy

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was wondering that too. I don't mind the gauges, but wouldn't mind turning the displays (like the fuel/temp gauge) to blue or another colour.

I'm changed all the SMDs in switches and the like to do it before. (with nerves of steel to soldier the little buggers on), but it doesn't seem like it would be easy to change the displays.

Cheers!

Dang

·
2,084 Posts
Plastic printer. :yes:

I remember them from a wile back, you design it and add your medium and viola. I just goggled it and could not find it so it may be called something else.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Real nice job and if I were in the market to change mine I'd hit you up. But I really like the stock Cube cluster. But I'm sure many people would like something different. I used to make airplane edge light panels, lots of work. - Dan

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've got orange displays in both my vehicles, and for whatever reason, it works for me (maybe I'm just lazy :(), but blue is amazingly popular, and now you're suggesting white -- why not! I guess that's the essence of modding, when the dashboard itself takes on a unique look :)!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts