Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

Cube as wheelchair transport vehicle?

20K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Turtle 
Hello Kevin,

That is a very good question and I'm sorry to hear that converting a car costs that much
to make it wheel chair accessible.
I do know from reading Japanese car magazines that a great number of JDM(Japanese Domestic Market)
vehicles come with an option list that includes such a feature from the factory.
Below is a link of a JDM Cube with this option. If you want the link for a JDM importer, please let me know
and also drop by my website if your interested in cars other than the Cube.
Have a good day and best of luck! : )
- Woody

Attachments

photo2010 said:
Hi Woody, thank you for the reply and the great info. There are many people
looking for a vehicle like the Cube to transport wheelchairs, and reasonably
priced. Do you know if there is a conversion where the wheelchair can replace
the driver's seat in the Cube? I know this can be done in other vehicles so the
WC user can drive.
Also curious about the cost of importing a JDM vehicle like this?

Thanks!
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

My heart goes out to people with limitations and I hope the website helps to with your needs.
There is also an e-mail to contact the CEO of the company. But one thing to tell you, all JDM Cubes have bench seats, but that doesn't mean
they manufacture one specifically for drivers with chairs. Anyway, keep me posted since owning this is your dream :D

All the best,

Woody - The car nerds.com "Spread The Word"

Hi Kevin,

You might want to do 3 of the following if you don't get any answers....
1) contact the importer about warranty coverage and get a bidding contract with review from your attorney.
2) Make a trip to Nissan USA headquarters and asked them to order you a car from the factory. This way you don't have to worry repair issues
as it could be fixed by any Nissan dealer.
3) Fly to Japan and import a Cube directly to the US and see if Nissan USA will provide you with a warranty.

All the best,
Woody
- www.thecarnerds.com

I'm only able to guide Kevin with limited knowledge I have at the moment regarding his request. His mind is set on the Cube and he doesn't want to spend $50,000 for an after market special. The guy deserves to drive and there shouldn't be any obstacles out there. From personal experience, I know the difficulties of living with a disability, so I'm making my best effort.

- Woody

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.