Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I come from europe and i'm attending to an advertising award.
The brief is about Nissan CUBE and the target are 18-24 americans.
I'd like to have some information about how this car have changed your social life. In europe everything is smaller so cars are probably less important to social life.

Thank you

·
Registered
72 Posts
Most small cars aren't "social" they are econoboxes that get you from here to there. My cube can fit ALL of my family (5 total) include two very large boys (13 years old and 16 years old, young MEN really), AND they are COMFORTABLE in the back seats. Yesterday, on an extended local trip, they found the "recline" feature in the back seat. We drove around the area doing errands, and they listened to the ipod, snoozed, and generally laughed, talked, and "socialized" the whole afternoon. Everyone arrived back home refreshed, laughing, and closer, because we did our errands in our "mobile device" (mobile "family room"). Mission accomplished Nissan!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi, glad to help you out with your marketing information.

I know that now I am the preferred ride to take when we go out to the clubs and such. They say that it is very comfortable. I won't say it's improved my dating situation, but there are alot of girls that say the car is very cute, and we make small talk. I don't mind it being called cute, because in reality, I think the same way. I know that because it gets better gas mileage, I can go out to friend's houses and go out and do more stuff without begging for gas money. And to be honest, it's brought me into a great community through NCL. I like everyone hear that I interact with, and without my car, I probably wouldn't know any of them!!

·
2,084 Posts
The age range of the owner for a Cube in the US was way off, as was the same for the Honda Fit. They gauged the demographic thru what ever study and it failed them huge for both motor companies. We are an unpredictable society I guess. Most think it is a girls car that I run into. The Honda Fit is more unisex but the comments on the cube have been very girl centric.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in the US distances between a place and another are huge compared to europe.
even without a car i can reach every place in my city in few minutes.
how do you connect with friends before CUBE and, in general, before any car?

thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Since I was running into problems with getting the 240 to run, when I bought my cube I switched from the passenger seat to the driver seat when connecting with my friends. ;) It also inspired my friends to buy other boxy-ish cars. One bought a 1st gen xB, and the other is looking for an Element. Both want the cube, but don't have new car money. So I guess you could say that the cube turns people on to trends they hadn't previously thought they would become a part of.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just thought of this for some reason: I've noticed that on Netflix, I almost always rent movies with user reviews that include the term, "This movie is not for everyone." Just sayin'.

Also, I wasn't in the market for ANY new car until I saw the cube.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Actually, Nissan has "two" age demographics for the Cube, very young, and middle aged. But it's likely they built it for the young and were "surprised" it appealed to old goats like me! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts