Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well After careful consideration and a few days of car shopping My wife decided to go with the XB... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ?????? LOL she first went to the KIA dealer to view that soul that was a quick thumbs down !!! Thanks to the clueless salesman! lol She did state that after being in a cube she knew what she was looking for... Something close to a cube I suppose? So, Me being the nice one of the two i mentioned why not get a second cube and she was not too fond of that idea at all.. ( Dont know why ) She is a bit jealous of My time being spent inside that car even if its in the driveway so I take it she is taking it out on my car LOL... She came home yesterday saying she wanted to go view that 2010 XB and she bit on the salesman pitch ! MY MY MY I will make sure as soon as she buys that car I will make her regret it.. Dont get me wrong guys , It's a nice vehicle but I wont be driving it... I say that but she does make the rules around these neck of the woods LOL I want to start modding the hell out of my cube soon Just to put that XB to shame I will post pics soon!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL that is no lie!!!! LOL We'll see what she says after a few months and a few mods ... 8)

·
Registered
170 Posts
My wife is loving the Kia Soul right now and is trying to get me to buy her one. That darn hamster commercial (although cheesy) won her over.

That and the fact that she wants a sunroof and isn't a fan of the xB...as of now I don't see another new vehicle purchase...but who knows how long I can hold out on it.

I too have been trying for another Cube...time will tell

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well My wife was all over that Hamster Commercial also... We test drove one a couple of days ago and did not like the ride also the salesman at kia had no clue about the soul... We'd ask simple minded questions and he was like " UMMMM? I'll get back to you on that." So that was a huge turn down.. Nice paintjob on those things and cool features but we love the way the cube handles the bumps around here .

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dislike the XB on purely ideological grounds. They replaced a really cool 'box' with great MPG with an oversized, boring-looking pig that gets lousy mileage. It's like someone at Toyota/Scion looked at the popularity of XB1 and said, "Let's give them what they want, more power; then take away everything they liked." Weak.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was dumbfounded by the xb. so big inside, but no side to side leg room for me. that giant center column was too wide for me.

granted I'm a big guy that loves small cars. Hopefully in the near future I will be trading my 02 focus hatch in for a Cube. Just need to decide if it will be the 2010 loaded model that I want, or the 2009 off the lot special that I can get cheaper.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Eddie said:
Well After careful consideration and a few days of car shopping My wife decided to go with the XB... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ?????? LOL she first went to the KIA dealer to view that soul that was a quick thumbs down !!! Thanks to the clueless salesman! lol She did state that after being in a cube she knew what she was looking for... Something close to a cube I suppose? So, Me being the nice one of the two i mentioned why not get a second cube and she was not too fond of that idea at all.. ( Dont know why ) She is a bit jealous of My time being spent inside that car even if its in the driveway so I take it she is taking it out on my car LOL... She came home yesterday saying she wanted to go view that 2010 XB and she bit on the salesman pitch ! MY MY MY I will make sure as soon as she buys that car I will make her regret it.. Dont get me wrong guys , It's a nice vehicle but I wont be driving it... I say that but she does make the rules around these neck of the woods LOL I want to start modding the hell out of my cube soon Just to put that XB to shame I will post pics soon!!!!!
I don't know Dude ;D, I think you're going to be hard pressed to make her regret it (unless due to domestic unrest, and that's not a good idea). The Cube is a nice car, but so is the xB, and both are highly moddable. If I were you, I'd not interfere with her enjoyment, and if she decides she made an error, you can get that much satisfaction. If she doesn't, I suggest you be glad she's happy. Never forget, she's the other half of your partnership, and that counts for a lot :p :)!

·
Registered
38 Posts
There's something to be said for having two different rigs to run around in, too. Besides, you can make your wife's XB the 'hauling truck'. "But baby, there's so much more room in yours." Hence, no Home Depot scratches on the Cube. Shhh, don't tell. :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
joeremi said:
There's something to be said for having two different rigs to run around in, too. Besides, you can make your wife's XB the 'hauling truck'. "But baby, there's so much more room in yours." Hence, no Home Depot scratches on the Cube. Shhh, don't tell. :)

fully agree! 8) 8) 8)
the cube will be spotless while the xb will get a run for the money lol! :D :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I do have some results from my wife's decision making....And they are great ! SHE JUST GOT CUBED ALSO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so now it looks like there is a salt and pepper shaker on the driveway LOL My (super black) and her (pearl white) Identical package too... She is stoked!!!!!! Which is good, I did not try to persuade her into anything and I believe TrevorS hit the nail on the head with his reply ... Now time for some christmas shopping (mods that is) for both of us !!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
joeremi said:
Nice work, Eddie, now behave...she's gonna be around here. :)

OH I know she will be joining soon ! She has already asked me whats the forum is all about. :roll: lol

·
Registered
671 Posts
Eddie said:
Well I do have some results from my wife's decision making....And they are great ! SHE JUST GOT CUBED ALSO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so now it looks like there is a salt and pepper shaker on the driveway LOL My (super black) and her (pearl white) Identical package too... She is stoked!!!!!! Which is good, I did not try to persuade her into anything and I believe TrevorS hit the nail on the head with his reply ... Now time for some christmas shopping (mods that is) for both of us !!
Well, what do you know about that ;D! Have a Merry Cubing Christmas (with lots of neat mods :D).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts