Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Newbie here. I've owned my 2010 CUBE for five years, and have been dealing with this problem for (I think) about that long. Every winter I feel icy cold air blowing on my legs whenever I drive. When my husband drives, I don't feel it (from the passenger seat). The air seems to come more from the right (console) side of the floor, and I've been draping a blanket over the seat every winter, but now that the cold weather is here it's starting again and it seems to be worse than ever. (Perhaps I'm just getting less cold-tolerant.) Any clues as to what might be causing this?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello. Newbie here. I've owned my 2010 CUBE for five years, and have been dealing with this problem for (I think) about that long. Every winter I feel icy cold air blowing on my legs whenever I drive. When my husband drives, I don't feel it (from the passenger seat). The air seems to come more from the right (console) side of the floor, and I've been draping a blanket over the seat every winter, but now that the cold weather is here it's starting again and it seems to be worse than ever. (Perhaps I'm just getting less cold-tolerant.) Any clues as to what might be causing this?
Have you had your cube lifted and looked at the undercarriage, this is just a guess, you live in snow country? Maybe corrosion and you have a hole under the carriage.
I would have either jack up the car or when your car gets goes to a mechanic for repairs or anything when they lift your car take a look under neath,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you had your cube lifted and looked at the undercarriage, this is just a guess, you live in snow country? Maybe corrosion and you have a hole under the carriage.
I would have either jack up the car or when your car gets goes to a mechanic for repairs or anything when they lift your car take a look under neath,
Thanks for the reply. I live in Kentucky...no snow here! I think I've figured it out though. I looked under the seats with a flashlight and noticed a large wire coming up through cuts in the floor into the seat bottoms. Air bag cable??? I assume the cold air is coming in through that hole (which is much bigger than the cable itself). I'm just putting an old blanket under the seat to cover the hole. Hopefully it will do the trick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts