Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2014 Cube and I'm loving it except It definitely needs new suspension. My question is should I install coil overs or just replace the factory stuff? Are there better shocks and struts available? How do the two options compare?

·
Registered
2009 Nissan cube krom edition
3 Posts
Hello! If you are looking for something stylish Id say go for the coil overs you can find a good set on amazon for less the 800$ roughly.the good thing about coil overs is that you can adjust the suspension in all ways to your liking.but if you want your cube to original ride hight and setting go for the factory suspension setup. Consider the roads you'll be driving on before a final choice.good luck!

·
Registered
2009 Nissan cube krom edition
3 Posts
Basically if you would like to have your car lowered you can get lowering springs they run no more then 200$ coil overs do it all but they cost way more but if your not too interested in lowering for the performance and looks on your car then just replace the factory suspension set up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Basically if you would like to have your car lowered you can get lowering springs they run no more then 200$ coil overs do it all but they cost way more but if your not too interested in lowering for the performance and looks on your car then just replace the factory suspension set up.
Thank you man, I would love it to handle a little better so I'll start saving for some coils.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello wanted to refresh this subject. I have a 2013 with only 60k, but since I just put new tires, I want to update the front struts at same time, fresh alignment.... and get suspension in tip top form. So I can buy complete strut+spring assembly about $150 each Vs buy replacement Strut assembly $100 and reuse the same factory spring. Any opinions on this? I am also trying to figure out if I go with OEM Monroe or KYB... both similar price. I put KYB on my 2006 Scion XB and did not like the results, so I am leaning toward the Monroe. I am interested in comfort stable ride, not looking for stiff cornering, not looking to lower the cube. Welcome your comments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts