Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to add some pictures of all my mods in one place. Here they are!

Current Mods:

Perrycraft DynaSport Roof Rails DS4555-A
Thule 871XT Fairing cut and modified, 450R Rapid Crossroad, RB47 Rapid Load Bars, 593 Wheel On, 518 Echelon
HID Xentec Slim Balast Bi-xenon Ballast Kit
Steering Wheel Stalk with Auto Light and Fog Switch
Aftermarket Foglights from Wally World
35% window Tint
Primax Sportmax 920h 18x7.5 Wheels (Gone)
TOYO Proxes 4 205/40/18
Alpine iXA-407 Headunit bypassed with a switch and reverse camera
Rays Engineering Versus Campionato S7 18x7.5
Sort of Custom Rear Cargo Organizer
Stillen Intake
Cat-back custom exhaust system from Conyers Mufflers (pictures and sound clips soon)
Tanabe coils coming very soon!

Future Mods!

H&R Hubcentric Spacers 10mm
NRG Pulley

Attachments

·
2,084 Posts
I think I like your version of the trunk box better than Nissan's. It is surly cheaper and by your pics more versatile. Did you put a piece of MDF under the rug to keep it ridged? Also did you lose the bluetooth and steering wheel controls with the audio upgrade?

Nice set of pics too.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was about $50 dollars, Was really hard to find the right sized boxes. I do not need anything under the rug because I stapled a fleece blanket around the plywood I cutout and hinged for the seats pushed forward or backward. I did lose factory bluetooth (Did not work with my phone anyways) but the new headunit has bluetooth capatible with my phone. Steering wheel controls work with a pac swijack steering wheel control unit. There is a slight lag when pushing the buttons, but it works. As far as the buletooth buttons, I just reprogrammed them to different functions for the headunit. Also the Factory RF subwoofer had to be rewired to a small amp for it to work with the head unit and most likely any other head unit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
you have a cargo light lower right when looking the door from the rear
is the a stock idem . the plain 1.8 dose not have a light there

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cube-in: I am not sure if you were asking a question or not. But the cargo light came with the car. I think they come standard on 1.8 SL and Kroms.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tint is a little darker than the rears. It is either 35 or 40%, I cannot remember, i just know it is darker than legal tint in georgia.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Chompsticks,
Are you selling those chrome OEM wheels?

I have the base wheels and looking to replace them. I would love to have those chrome wheels of yours.

thanks

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately I am not selling my OEM wheels.... They have come in handy on more than 1 ocassion. Thank you for asking though! I do love my storage system, it works much better and i can move seats back and forth and have more room to put things in. granted it is usually empty.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much are your aftermarket set (including tires)?
What are the effects on handling, comfort, and MPG?

I would like to replace mine once the OEM tires are worn.

Thanks

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey miata! The aftermarket set including tires for the first set was about $800 (OLD School primax/sportmax 920h and TOYOS Proxes 4 205/40/18) , I got the wheels used and need to repaint them. Unfortunately one of the wheels got damaged to a huge pothole in the road. I got a new set of wheels which are OLD school JDM Rays Versus S7 Campionatos. Those were $1000 for wheels and two new tires, swap, and new valve stems and they weigh maybe 1lb more than OEM. Generally a set of new 18's will run at least $400 for the cheapest and probably average around $800 and then the tires are a different story and depend on what kind of tire you really want to go. I decided to stick to as close to OEM so that my Speedometer would remain the same. It is the 205/40/18 and I only know of Toyo and Yokohama that carry that size. They both run between $130 to $150 a piece. I would say that $1000 is probably the best you can do for a set of new wheels and tires if you want to go the cheapest route possible, very limited choices. Craigslist is a nice place to look. That is where I got the first set.

Handling aspects have change considerably. The disconnected feeling with the steering wheel is pretty much eliminated and handling in the turns are better too. The overall ride and comfort has definitely decreased. You can feel all the bumps in the road. I wouldn't recommend going to a 35 series tire unless your cube is not a daily driver. I really have not noticed a difference in MPG, I drove around with both aftermarket and oem in the last two months and really have not noticed a difference between the two. I might possibly get like 1 mpg more or less than OEM. Otherwise it seems to be the same to me.

Hope that helps! :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Update 1/29 Chompsticks Kromications!

Got , my wheels and tires installed and able to wash and clean my cube finally. Here is a new picture with the Rays Versus Campionatos S7 and my cube bald.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Concerning the vinyl on the lower grille area, keep in mind that vinyl will be marked by stones etc, and after a while you will have little white dots all over the panel where the paint shows through.
Have a talk to your local sign bloke and get some 'AutoProtect'. It's made by Oracal.
It's a clear, thick vinyl designed for situations like this.
I've used it on bonnet lips and sill panels and it does the protection job very well.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Killercube, I think I am misinterpreting your picture, but I assumming it will look like it has a big under lip? LOL :p

Lance, You are awesome for providing the information. The reason I really wanted to do it because my whole bumper is already pot marked with stones and junk and I have already scrapped the front bumper a few times on the road. Apply a vinyl would cover this up and protect the lower lipfor a little while.

I am not sure if I will go through with it, but right now I am trying to get a few opinions on the looks of it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To answer your query, yep, it looks good..............at the moment.

When those holes start to appear, and they will, you have coupla options.
a. put anuva sheet of vinyl over it, and that will still hole again.
b. remove the first piece of vinyl and start again. That won't be a fun job, I promise you that.
It sticks hard, and because of all the holes it's gonna come off in a million bits..........and leave a hell of a sticky mess to clean up.

If you do use black vinyl, put the auto protect over the black to protect it, that's what it's designed for.

Installing vinyl over those compound curves is not going to be as simple as it looks either.

'2 pak' painting would be a better proposition perhaps.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I like the color-matching...I actually have an appointment with a local shop to have my factory grille matched up as well when I get back home from my vacation.

Only thing I would potentially change is the back slits under the top three...maybe keep that black? I think this would help the three prong grill stand out a bit more.

Otherwise looks great :)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts