Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR BRAKE FLUID EVERY COUPLE YEARS, ITS A hygroscopic FLUID MEANING IT ABSORBS MOISTURE, SO IF YOU DONT CHANGE IT YOU MAY LOSE BRAKING PRESSURE. RATHER THEN HAVING TO BLEED YOUR BRAKES WHAT I DO IS GET A SIPHON AND EMPTY THE BRAKE FLUID RESERVOIR IN THE ENGINE THEN REPLACE WITH NEW FLUID. DRIVE IT A BIT THEN REPEAT THE PROCESS TWO TO THREE TIMES. SINCE YOU NEED TO HAVE THE OLD BRAKE FLUID RECIRCULATE INTO THE RESERVOIR. I DO THIS WITH A FULL NEW BOTTLE. YOU CAN NOT STORE BRAKE FLUID ONCE ITS OPEN ITLL START TO DETERIORATE AND ABSORB MOISTER FROM THE AIR EVEN IF THE CAP IS AIRTIGHT. THIS IS THE SIMPLE METHOD AND IT'S FINE. IM TOLD THIS IS WHAT MOST DEALERS DO, THEY DONT ACTUALLY BLEED YOUR BRAKES.
THE VIDEO WILL EGT INTO MORE DETAILS. THANK ERIC THE CAR GUY FOR THE VIDEO

·
Registered
662 Posts
Definitely! I used to buy synthetic brake fluid from someone in Chagrin Falls, OH, but it was expensive, and changing the regular fluid every two years was good enough. On my old Civic, I had bleeders called SpeedBleeders. There was a spring and ball inside, so it wasn't necessary to close the bleeder after pushing the brake pedal down. The ball sealed the opening so no air got inside. I generally use a hand-operated vacuum pump now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts