Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So today I changed the manual transmission fluid and I know many people don't have a stick shift in the US.

The red circled bolt is the drain plug on the transmission.

PXL_20201024_155452075_2.jpg

If you do and would like to do it yourself be aware that you only need 2 quarts of transmission fluid for the job.
The manual says 4 1/4 PINTS, yes pints not quarts.

I thought it takes 4 1/4 quarts and read the manual wrong so I was baffled when I drained the fluid only about 2 quarts came out.
So when I funneled the fluid into the transmission it would only take 2 quarts and it started to overflow.

PXL_20201024_161935962.jpg

On the side of the transmission is the plug to fill the transmission fluid, you'll need a transfer pump since its sideways. Nissan didn't design this
for the home mechanic, they made changing spark plugs and changing manual transmission fluid a bit difficult

I hope that this helps anyone who has a stock shift

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I indeed do have a 6 speed manual. It's a 2012 but it only has 40K miles so I may be good to go for now. I'll remember this for future reference.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually your over due, it needs to be changed at 30k interval unless your using synthetic like red line transmission fluid then every 50k.
If your don't your synchros or transmission will be short lived.

If it's just regular Nissan fluid then every 30k
Alot of people neglect the transmission fluid be it manual or cvt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts