Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE VIDEO SHOWS DOING IT FROM SCRATCH BUY TOU CAN BUY A HORN RELAY ASSEMBLY ON EBAY AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO
IS HOOK UP YOUR NEW HORN AND THE WIRES AND ATTACH WIRES TO POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINALS AND THIS IS THE EASIER
ROUTE VS, GETTING A RELAY AND HAVING TO DEAL WITH MORE TECHNICAL STUFF

·
Registered
665 Posts
Very nice! I could never understand why manufacturers think a small car deserves a small horn. I've added louder horns to most small cars I've owned.

·
Registered
24 Posts
THE VIDEO SHOWS DOING IT FROM SCRATCH BUY TOU CAN BUY A HORN RELAY ASSEMBLY ON EBAY AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO
IS HOOK UP YOUR NEW HORN AND THE WIRES AND ATTACH WIRES TO POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINALS AND THIS IS THE EASIER
ROUTE VS, GETTING A RELAY AND HAVING TO DEAL WITH MORE TECHNICAL STUFF

Thank you for posting this, it inspired me. I bought a pair of Hella Supertone horns because I liked the idea of replacing the factory "Meep, Meep" horn but I wanted something a bit more substantial. I'm posting the pictures of the horns ready to be mounted. They do require a relay but it's included with the horns. I used 12 gauge wire and a 20 amp fuse because these horns require much more current than the stock horn. I bought a 5" X 5" T bracket from Home Depot to mount them to. I used 3/8" bolts to mount them to the bracket so I had to drill 3/8" holes in both the bracket and the horn brackets. When I was finished, they mounted on the original horn bracket without an issue. I did have to turn the relay 180 degrees so the connection tabs faced upwards. Once I did that the original horn connectors plugged right in with no problem. The bolt heads had about 3/8" clearance from the radiator but just to be safe I glued some heavy foam pads on the back of the T bracket. The horns are tuned so one is 300 hertz and the other is 500 hertz. They are loud and sound GREAT!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's what the horns look like from the front of my 2012 Cube. I think they match the Cayenne Red pretty well....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice, dealing with the relay was too technical for me so I just bought a relay harness that basically is plug and play from eBay for the horns. Except you figured out a better way to put it together. The original horns are embarrassing for the cube.

Nice Job!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice, dealing with the relay was too technical for me so I just bought a relay harness that basically is plug and play from eBay for the horns. Except you figured out a better way to put it together. The original horns are embarrassing for the cube.

Nice Job!!

Thanks for the complement! 48 years ago I was an Electronics Technician in the US Navy. I'm now retired, after a 40 year career as a Software Engineer. The electronics experience comes in handy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts