Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My base model cube does not have the cargo light, it has the indention in the plastic where it goes. I ordered a factory cargo light from dealership, supposed to come in next week. Does anyone know if it is pre wired like it is for the rear door speakers and fog lights? Any info would be much appreciated.

·
2,084 Posts
I did not know the base did not come with it. Interesting! This is the first post on it. I have an SL so I have one, never put much thought into it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the base model don't have it, I didn't even notice until I was getting some things out of the back at night. Supposed to get the factory light assembly the middle of the week. I just hope it's pre wired for it like all the other stuff.

·
Registered
194 Posts
this topic was discussed in the "interior" section. However nobody has addressed this issue.
I have the FSM and it doesn't have instruction on how to remove the rear panels where the light is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the factory light, received it yesterday. Have the back panel removed and installed the light in the panel, just can't find any connector for it. Was hoping it was pre wired like everything else. Any ideas would be much appreciated

·
Registered
194 Posts
do you see any hot wire near by? See if you can us a sharp needle to probe near by wires. If it is hot, use it as power.
You may want to add a line fuse just in case.

You have a aftermarket amp on the back, see if you can tap into power there.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Freak said:
How do you get it to work with the rear trigger?
I'd say the question is whether or not you have a cargo door "open" switch. If so, then it's usually grounded with the door open and so you'd connect one side of the cargo lamp to the switch and the other to +12V via a fuse. If you don't have the switch, then you may want to install one. In absence of a switch, I think I'd ask the dealer where the switch is on the other models, and either buy a factory switch for the same location, or buy an aftermarket pin switch for the same location. Either will do the job, though it's always nice to go factory if practical :) (IMO)!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered the light assembly also. Did you have difficulty taking the side panel off or was it easy? I'm planning on running a positive wire under the dash and along the side under the carpet. I'll then simply find a good place to ground the negative wire as close to the light assembly as possible. The light assembly has it's own switch so you only need +12v and ground.
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Cylinder

1 - 11 of 11 Posts