Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

Car wash of choice

9K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  momzbox 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

What is everybody's car wash of choice? Mine is Meguiar's. It's a bit pricey, but it rinses and dries off without leaving any water spots. I have a black car and couldn't stand having water marks on it after spending time washing it. :mad:

#2 ·
I don't have any favorite brand of wash. . . but I can say I've taken my car through an automated car wash 3 times in the last 13 years (out of town, & no supplies). I (nearly) always hand wash & towel dry my car. And rarely go more than 1 month between washes.With more frequent washing taking place in the summer months . . .because the last thing any paint needs is the phoenix heat baking in any debris. + oddly enough I've gotten really good results with turtle wax's F21 line, the protection seems to last well

#8 ·
Lots of places have Meguiars. PepBoys, AutoZone, etc. Good shitte. Read up on the "Clay Bar", in case you've never heard of or used one. They are awesome. Follow instructions !!!!!!!

I used Mother's car wash when I bought my first Scion xb. Dark Blue. Spotted terribly on finish AND windows, even if I hand dried the vehicle right away. Bad shitte. Maybe something to do with the water where I live, maybe not.

Nother"s................heap big water spots
Meguiar's...............no water spots :yes:

#10 ·
Takes a little time. It's easy, but make sure you don't get the claybar on DRY finish. Must be lubricated/wet. Removes impurities from paint. Oh..................don't drop the claybar or it will be contaminated. Profesionals use them. ;)Also, the Adam's stuff mentioned above sounds interesting. Probably along the same lines as the Griot's Garage stuff. Very high priced and top quality. The very best is often not on sale in autoparts stores.

#11 ·
Meguiars .. all the way.. I love their entire lineup. First thing I did was claybar my cube, and get a coat of NXT wax on her. I use all Meguiars products on my race / drift car.. and it can make the finish look beautiful after a weekend of Drifting on track.

#16 ·
WOW My Dealership has done absolutely nothing for me accept thank me for modifying my cube so people come into the dealership now to look at them more. :mad: WHAT A BUNCH OF A Holes. :mad:
There are only 2 in our town one in White owned by an older couple and mine in Blue on the road to modification land always. LOL

But I agree mcquirer's is choice. We used it on the Scions for show and now my cube. We really prefer INFERNO products but they are hard to get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.