Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't really come to a conclusion of what looks best for my Cube. I have the Scarlet Red SL model. It came with the 16" Alloy rims.

Now... I can't decide what to do. I have 4 options to go with in my mind.

1. Go with 17" in rims in Chrome.
2. Go with 17" in rims in Black.
3. Go with 17" in rims in Red.
4. Keep the 16" and have them Chromed for $600.00

18" rims are too much for my Cube... or so I think. Any thoughts or opinions?

·
Registered
839 Posts
moviecouple1995 said:
Well, I can't really come to a conclusion of what looks best for my Cube. I have the Scarlet Red SL model. It came with the 16" Alloy rims.

Now... I can't decide what to do. I have 4 options to go with in my mind.

1. Go with 17" in rims in Chrome.
2. Go with 17" in rims in Black.
3. Go with 17" in rims in Red.
4. Keep the 16" and have them Chromed for $600.00

18" rims are too much for my Cube... or so I think. Any thoughts or opinions?
I agree, 18's are a bit too much and would be skimpy on wheel protection because of the tires short sidewall, at least with a tire size that would look natural.

Color is always a tough one. Me personally am not a big fan of colored wheels, especially if they match the car. For me it becomes too much of any one thing. I like contrast. Whenever I see a black car with black wheels all I can think of is the cars in Mad Max….to blah.

But choosing the right color that will give some contrast could be a nice thing. I’ve seen a few cars over the years with colors other than silver / chrome that really enhanced the cars appearance. Good luck in you’re decision making. - Dan

·
2,084 Posts
$600.00 to have the stocks chromed?? Not bad, not bad at all.

I wonder about getting the stocks body matched, or body matched and chrome paint lipped.

Now you got me thinking. :yes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I couldn't decide either. My wife liked black rims, and I wanted something different. We ended up with Konig Furthers which are both black and polished aluminum. Check out www.discounttire.com they have several styles of wheel in 16" and 17" that will work on the cube.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Cubit said:
I couldn't decide either. My wife liked black rims, and I wanted something different. We ended up with Konig Furthers which are both black and polished aluminum. Check out www.discounttire.com they have several styles of wheel in 16" and 17" that will work on the cube.
I have a set of Koneig black and machined alloy from DiscountTireDirect (OE 16") on my white, and I just can't imagine how they could better complement the car. However, most guys seem to feel all black or something would have been better. Ultimately, you're either basing your choice on a popularity vote, or what you personally like best. I'm totally sold on what I bought, best wishes on your choice :)!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think with a red car you can pull off any of them except an all red wheel. They would have to be an almost perfect match to pull it off. I sometimes like the time attack style matte black with a red lip. if you want something different rock some black chrome... oh wait the ATI's cube got those... eh it's just one other cube...

·
Registered
410 Posts
i think that gold rims would look good with that tone of red, there is a white cube here with gold rims and it looks
great!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
hana said:
i think that gold rims would look good with that tone of red, there is a white cube here with gold rims and it looks
great!!
nosser's cube is the white with gold rims, looks great :yes:

·
Registered
97 Posts
hana said:
hana said:
great!!
nosser's cube is the white with gold rims, looks great :yes:
Thanks.. I thought I mentioned it too! I like gold on red!

·
Registered
690 Posts
if money wasn't an option and you could actually find 'em to fit mine, i'd rock some old school bbs-type (gold/bronze or silver) mesh ("basket" for all you old folks) wheels---"OG" stuff right there.

OG:

Here's Axis' take on the "reverse-weave" concept in a 15x8:

·
Registered
657 Posts
elDizzle_foShizzle said:
if money wasn't an option and you could actually find 'em to fit mine, i'd rock some old school bbs-type (gold/bronze or silver) mesh ("basket" for all you old folks) wheels---"OG" stuff right there.

OG:

Here's Axis' take on the "reverse-weave" concept in a 15x8:

yup i would go with those bbs rs you can find them in any offset and size and you can get them redrilled and repolish if you find used ones

·
Registered
97 Posts
yup, I thought about both of those sets of wheels... RBwheels is selling a used set right now for $1080 for 16x7 +24 dual bolt pattern. It's basically the perfect setup for a cube.

·
2,084 Posts
nosser said:
yup, I thought about both of those sets of wheels... RBwheels is selling a used set right now for $1080 for 16x7 +24 dual bolt pattern. It's basically the perfect setup for a cube.
What is interesting about the dual fitment is the other fitment is usually compatible with my Honda Fit. One set of wheels for two of my cars. Get a different set for each and swap back and forth between looks when you get board. The true meaning of rotate your tires :D

I have never cared for the above BBS and the Axis style not for the look, but the time to clean, so many small spaces that accumulate break dust. I like few, large spokes for a quick wipe and go. No Q-Tips for me thanks!

If you look at the OG Axis there is very little dishing on the lip (see the valve stem location) so the rim will appear larger and more lower profile. I do like that!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm with Christine.........some wheels are just too hard to clean. I prefer the more subtle designs. Picking wheels for your car can be agonizing................there'll always be some wheel to come along that you hadn't seen or heard of before and then............................... :eek: :p :mad: :(

·
Registered
157 Posts

i like mine all lot
the stock valve stems fit .
no need to strap .
the 17's didn't look right to me.
i try ed one on the rear
and the 18'swheels were the same price .
$1100 wheels tire lugs mounted balanced installed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts