Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just at costco this afternoon develop some pics. In front of the store was a white 1.8s. Costco is now offering $3000 discount off msrp.
With the discount this specific model is now $13,500 (before ttl). That's over $2000 below invoice on this brand new 2010. That's the best deal I've seen so far.

BTW, this costco in in N CA (Sacramento).

·
Registered
167 Posts
That figures. I have only made 1 pymt on mine. That $3000 would have cut my carry over down quite a bit. Wonder how much a 09 base with 3200 miles is worth on trade in? I'm sure they'd just laugh unless I had a couple grand in cash to toss in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WoW so I think I got a good deal I bought my wife a sl with the perf. package, mud flaps, designer package for 17,850 had a msrp of 19,6.. shes loving it and I dying for her to let me mod it ;D she dont want me to change anything Im thinking of picking one up so I can start a turbo project on it I have a 600hp sti but for some reason Im really digging the cube sorry for going off topic

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to deliver such bad news to you guys. I too wonder how they were unable to offer such heavy discount. There must be atleast $2500 Nissan incentive that we are not aware off. In the past, I find bargaining myself often gets better price than with Costco.....sounds like not this time.

In Elk Grove Nissan (near this Costco), they must have ateast 20 cubes in their parking lot the last time I drove by (couple weeks ago).
I don't feel too bad about this, atleast I was able to take advantage of the CFC back in July. :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Don't feel bad about the Costo Cube. No matter what you buy when, there is always a so-called better deal somewhere else. I've been enjoying my Cube for six months, and I've made some nice additions. I paid a reasonable price, and I'm satisfied. It might turn out that the Costco deal is not quite as good as it seems.

In the past, whenever I've sold a car, someone comes along and tells me he would have paid double what I was asking for it. Life is too short to be second-guessing yourself. If there's something you want, get it. Enjoy it.

Jerry

·
Registered
690 Posts
i know i paid too much for mine. yes, even in this economy. i paid a lot over msrp and am still ok with that. no buyers remorse whatsoever. i knew prices would eventually go down, but if i wanted to "have it now" i'd have to pay a premium.

·
Registered
657 Posts
are you sure its 3k off msrp?? I dont think thats real. I mean a base is 13.9k So i can go buy a cube for 11k + tax? That seems unreal maybe its some kind of trick. Has any one brought a cube for this cheap yet?!?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am basing on what I saw at Costco. I know Costco does not involve in any scams.

For that specific car (1.8S with CVT), after discount is $13,500. Which means MSRP is $17000. Sounds about right to me.
I too had hard time believing. Perhaps if anyone out there is planning to get a Cube, you can contack Elk Grove Nissan if this is real.
Definately worth the drive if you can save couple grand for a 10hr drive.

·
2,084 Posts
I was looking at the 2010's today wile dropping off my Cube for service.

The price was about the same maybe a tiny bit less than I paid, but the new radio is hot! Way better than the crud we got. Even the radio in the S looked better than the 09 SL.

I do not even like the backup camera, not one bit! Looks like a charlie horse bump just sticking out there for no reason.

I am with elDizzle_foShizzle on this one, I wanted to be an early adopter so I paid full price no haggle.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You're talking about the Nissan backup camera sticking out? I've never seen a facory camera that wasn't blended in and almost invisible. Mine is an add-on, so it is sticking out at the top of the back door. I didn't want to get the kind that would require me to drill into the rear bumper.

I bet the 2011 Cube will have even nicer features than my 2009, but that's life. My wife married a handsome young man a few years ago, and now I'm "more mature."

Jerry

·
2,084 Posts
Yup, looks like an cheap aftermarket thing just stuck on there. It is not an aid to appearance at all.

And the way it is mounted I bet it gets dirty easy and renders it useless any whey.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,
That sounds like a good deal if it's a 2010.

FWIW - I just spent the last 2 weeks haggling for a Cube. I was trying to get the best deal I could on a 2009. Here are most of the "incentives" everyone kept offering to me:
1) Dealer cash = $750 (not from Nissan, but the dealer)
2) "Holdback" = $400 (appox)
3) If a recent graduate = $500 (did not qualify - too old!)
4) If a current Toyota owner (anyone in your household, but did not qualify) ~ sorry I forgot the amount

Once I made it clear that I knew the local inventory, and the financial pressure that they were under to move the 2009's, the average 1st offer the dealer made to me (I never make the first offer) was approximately $2200 off of the Nissan sticker price.

This seemed to be fairly constant whether it was: 1.8S, 1.8SL, or KROM.

I only went toe-to-toe with a few dealers for the 2nd rouund. The best discount offer I got was $3200 off a 2009 White KROM, and $3400 off a 2009 Black SL (not preferred, but with $1400 list price of what i considered non-essential options). I didn't want either.

My final selection was 2009 SL Pref ~ I got approx $2900 discount. Dealer assured me he was losing lots of money . . . I don't really believe that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
During my shopping for the cube, I looked at NissanUsa.com and found a dealer whose MSRP
ACTUALLY matched that off the website,

MSRP on a 1.8s is 15,030
so that minus 3 grand, if they're adding the destination fee, is Almost 13,000

fight em, if your good, they'll knock off the destination fee,

·
Registered
143 Posts
I haggled for an hour till I got their rock bottom price. Then I said I will have to think about it, and I drove down the street to the Kia dealership. They let me take the Soul out for a test drive, so I drove it up to the Nissan dealer and parked it next to the cube. I got out and started walking around the two cars studying, and comparing them. After about two minutes, the sales manager, and two salesmen came out smiling, and all of a sudden, rock bottom was $1000 cheaper than it was 30 minutes earlier. ??? :roll:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good tactic!!!

So what is the lowest w.r.t invoice/msrp?

In terms of destination fee, I don't think that can be waived. One can negotatiate for a lower price but still this fee can't be waived.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts