Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting a cube from a relative and trying to figure out how to make it work with my traveling and camping lifestyle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean...when searching for pictures, not much comes up. I did find a few with small campers on top, but most roof racks for the cube all only seem to be able to hold from 100 to 150 lbs when I’ve been searching for them. I plan to take the seats out the back, but I’m plotting before I even have the car. Is it even possible for a 5,9 person to lay in the back if the back seats are removed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I suppose if you're crafty enough, you could make a slide out bed for it, like this:
I can't imagine driving the Alaska Highway in a Cube, though. That road had some serious rough patches. But, it's been a couple of decades since I've driven it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose if you're crafty enough, you could make a slide out bed for it, like this:
I can't imagine driving the Alaska Highway in a Cube, though. That road had some serious rough patches. But, it's been a couple of decades since I've driven it.
Yeah, I think the Alaska Highway must have changed a lot since a few decades ago. It’s basically like any other highway these days, just way better views and more wildlife. Took a pretty compact little car up there from Denver last summer. We lucked out with basically perfect weather the whole way tho.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like a pretty step by step easy concept. The sliding idea might be the way I have to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I saw an article in Car and Driver yesterday where a dude from Kentucky was fined $569,000 USD for stopping and seeing the scenery in Banff. He violated the Quarantine Act. Maybe we'll be done with this covid nonsense soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you should definitely know for sure what condition the Alaska Highway is in now, because it would be difficult to drive in a Cube. Because you will have to travel a very long distance. But from the other side at a good trip you need to deal with many challenges. And if you like the difficulties than this trip is for you. Personally I don't like to be unprepared when I plan a trip. I try to plan and to check a lot of information, I like to read different guides for safe travel and this platform often helps me. https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/mexico/cancun/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts