Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't go into exact numbers, but all I have to say is wow. I went to Autocenters Nissan today and spent 3 hours telling them, no I want to spend $240 a month. After 18 different rounds of being told invoice prices, and them trying to talk me into getting a Versa, or going with a base I finally got up and walked out. When I got home, I had 6 emails from other St louis Nissan dealers saying they could beat the price Autocenters Nissan was offering.

Suntrup Nissan Was offering 1.8S for $13,995.
St Charles Nissan Was offering 1.8s for $15,541.
Bommarito Nissan was Offering 1.8s for $14,077.

Autocenters was telling me the lowest they could go with dealer locating and my trade that I couldn't get the Cube S Manaul for less than $14,200. All in all, I'm $20 a month off my payment allowance from the wife. I'm so close I can feel the Cube in my grasp....I really want it bad....Any advice from anyone...The only reason I'm not running for the Suntrup dealer is because they are over an hour away from my house.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You know if you buy it at Suntrup and need service, just take it to any Nissan dealer - they all are responsible for honoring Nissan's name... Had a buddy who bought a boat from a dealer 3 states away, local dealer didn't want anything to do with it - needless to say, one call to the manufacturer and a complaint against the local dealer and they were bending over backwards to help him...

·
2,084 Posts
There have been some reports of dealers gouging but most are selling right on MSRP. I would say look at the options of each to see where the money is. An S can go for way more than an SL if the S has, lighted sills, mood lighting and other options. I had seen this in person and was like wow and I don't even get aluminum wheels.

Like above don't fret repair as any dealer will do that. I drove 3 hours one way to buy mine sight un seen and others have gone farther.

I wish you the best and let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
839 Posts
bjall4jc said:
The only reason I'm not running for the Suntrup dealer is because they are over an hour away from my house.
I drove over 600 miles to get my cube, but also got to spend a couple day's with my son and his family. - Dan

·
Registered
117 Posts
I drove an hour away to get the Cube I wanted. It is worth the drive! :yes: 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
bjall4jc said:
Autocenters was telling me the lowest they could go with dealer locating and my trade that I couldn't get the Cube S Manaul for less than $14,200.
Sounds like your talking about the place in Wood River? While my experience with them was pretty good, they played that dealer locating/transport thing with me too. I think in the end I payed about $250-300 for them to get it from up north of Chicago. Which was OK, cause I didn't really have time to drive all over getting the best deal. And I felt I got a fair deal from them...or I wouldn't have bought the car.

Also too, if your shopping payment and using their financing, your kinda of at their mercy for playing these stupid games. I'd bet they have $700+ built into the deal for these services. Plus if you owe money on your trade...throw that in there too.

Add to the fact they know your emotionally involved. By your spending 3 hours trying to save $20 a month tells them you've got nothing better to do other than try to buy a car....from them!

They way I see it, if they couldn't sell the car for that $240 payment amount, they wouldn't spend three hours telling you otherwise. Tell them amount you want, walk away and see if them call you in a day or so. During that time go to another dealership, don't look at or test drive anything. just tell them what you want, the price or payment and see what happens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have done exactly that Homline. I also have started getting serious about driving over an hour away. I got to the dealer and they did not have the car they said they had. I spent about 30 minutes there waiting for the Suntrup guy to get the car to magically appear, and then I said I am not wasting my time waiting for something they don't have. On the way home Autocenters (yep in Wood River) called and asked me what the stock number was of the one that Suntrup was trying to sell me and found out the one they were selling me was not an S model it was a base that Suntrup had added cruise and a few other things to make it look like an S.

Long story short, I'm going to wait this out and see what AutoCenters Nissan comes back to me with. If I can't get them to come down to what I want, I'll have to come up with a down payment. Not easy being this close to Christmas, but if I want the car I'll have to.

Thanks for everyone's help...Any other tricks or tips, let me know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds like you got your game on then.

Really surprising that being close to the end of the month they are dragging their feet. I kinda of had a similar issue with them during the time they were locating me a car. Felt like I was being put on back burner at times (not keeping me posted on progress....not calling when they said they would...salesman off and no one else trying to find a car, etc). A phone call to a manager solved that issue.

You'll get one...just be patient.

Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Live in southern Macoupin county. No other Cubes spotted here yet!

The wife ;) ended up with a Silver over light gray SL with the Prefered pkg.

At 2700mi on the clock, she's getting 34+mpg at 50/50 cty/hwy.

FWIW, the upgraded stereo isn't as nice as it's cracked up to be. Her old ride was an Elodorado with a great Bose system. My factory stereo in the Suburban sounds better than the Cubes.

However the keyless ignition is very nice! Never have to fumble for a fob again!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, went to Bommarito Nissan today. BANG! Without even trying I was able to get(dealer traded) a Red S model, with interior design, interior Lighting, and Impact sensors for my payment. No arguing, no waiting, just this is what I can afford and boom-sure we can do that.

My wife gave me approval. I only have to say yes. Its weird up to this point I've been gun ho. I need some current Cube owners to push me over the edge and jump into one.

I'm going from a Pontiac Vibe to a Cube. Anyone else done that?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have to say that, in my opinion, the Cube is an upgrade from the Vibe. I drove a Vibe for about a week on business in San Fransisco and I was not really impressed with the smoothness or the handling. It just did not like corners. The Cube is not a race car but it can still corner nicely.

I also had other small cars on my short list of new cars and The cube won hands down not just for how much you got for the money, but how smooth the ride and responsive the engine was and the great gas mileage! I have over 5500 miles on my cube and I couldn't be happier with a car. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I need something to push me over the fence between the keeping and buying a new one. Can anyone tell me about the durability of the seats? I have not been able to sit in an S model to see or feel the seat material.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats! I know you're going to love it!

And I'm late in checking this thread, but I'm glad you opted not to buy from Suntrup. I had two bad experiences with them while buying my cube...first, their sales guy told me I couldn't get the CVT in the S model (uh, despite the fact that they had them sitting on their lot!). Then, a different sales guy emailed me an offer...looked GREAT...until I checked the vehicle number against the Nissan website and realized that it was not actually the model they were trying to sell me; when questioned on it, he said it was a "mistake," and sent a corrected offer, which wasn't nearly as good.

Autocenter Nissan also gave me some issues (finally wishing me "good luck getting it at that price" sarcastically). Finally bought from Moore Nissan (which was, ironically, purchased later that month by Autocenter Nissan) at below the price I'd told Autocenter Nissan I wanted to pay ;-) Happy camper , er, cuber!

When do you get yours?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts