Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too really need a bug shield! Anyone have a great experience they'd like to share as far as acquiring and installing one. I'd like to do it myself if I can find one I like at a decent price.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow the bugs are bad news. Just got really warm and the bugs are out. I don't know if a bug Gard would make enough up draft to keep off the wind shield.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't know if a bug Gard would make enough up draft to keep off the wind shield.
I've been wondering about that myself. I actually doubt if they would work well on the cube at all. I was sitting in the passenger seat earlier today and watched the splat-fest... most of them did not come over the hood, they came from above. I even had a silly bug splat in the middle of my roof... I was starting to wonder if they were japanese kamikaze beetles! Ugh. Sooooo.... anyone who installed one of these bug shields: do they really work?????

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered mine from Nissanstore.ca and it supposed to be on it's way. I already had one chip on the hood so hopefully it will prevent further damage. I like the looks too. I had them on my xterra and frontier too.

·
Registered
657 Posts
joeyi said:
I ordered mine from Nissanstore.ca and it supposed to be on it's way. I already had one chip on the hood so hopefully it will prevent further damage. I like the looks too. I had them on my xterra and frontier too.
how much was it? for shipping and everything

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay, here goes. It started out at 90.46 Canadian dollars(CAD) with 45.55 CAD shipping. PayPal translated that to 88.77 US dollars(USD) with 44.70 USD shipping. Total was 133.47 USD to ship to California. Exchange rate was something like 1 USD = .97 CAD. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
8) Hello, not sure it anyone knows but I figure its worth asking. The bug shields listed above from Auto Ventshade, say they are for the 2010 Cube, did the car body change between 2009 & 2010? I just bought my cube brand new off the lot three weeks ago, but I got the dealship to throw in the extendend warranty (6 yr/ 100,000 miles) by taking a 09 instead of a 2010 model.

Second ? is the bug shield the same thing, as the Nose mask from Nissan's website?:http://www.mynissanparts.com/p-498-2009-2010-cube-nose-mask.aspx

·
Registered
328 Posts
sirelf said:
8) Hello, not sure it anyone knows but I figure its worth asking. The bug shields listed above from Auto Ventshade, say they are for the 2010 Cube, did the car body change between 2009 & 2010? I just bought my cube brand new off the lot three weeks ago, but I got the dealship to throw in the extendend warranty (6 yr/ 100,000 miles) by taking a 09 instead of a 2010 model.

Second ? is the bug shield the same thing, as the Nose mask from Nissan's website?:http://www.mynissanparts.com/p-498-2009-2010-cube-nose-mask.aspx
The 2009 and 2010 models are the same. I've seen no difference other than in the stereo unit.

The bug shield is not the same as the Nose Mask.
This is the bug shield.

·
Registered
407 Posts
well.....there are two kinds,
1. meisrandy has one kind
2. me, konjure has the other http://www.nissancubelife.com/forum/index.php?topic=3202.0

1. randy , who makes yours?
2. mine is autoventshade. 69.00

1. attaches to the bottom of the hood with clips and has rubber stoppers to keep it off the hood, and it wraps around to the side fenders. pictured above in the ad^^^^^
2. attaches with 3m tape flush to the hood and does not protrude past the hood line.

pick your pleasure!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts