Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prices at the Parts Counter can be ridiculous. I removed a taillight, and I noticed that the little internal clips that hold the center piece - with CUBE on it - looked pretty flimsy. I figured I'd get a couple of extras, just in case. The parts guy looked them up and was surprised at the price - $5 each! No sale!

Speaking of the tailight, did you know you have to remove the whole assembly to replace a bulb? That's 1950's technology. Removal isn't too bad, except for the last step. First you remove the center piece - with CUBE on it. Then you remove a screw. So far, so good. Then you have to pull the light out of the little socket that holds the outer end in place. Of course, my clip broke off. When I went to the dealer for a new one, he said there is no such part - just a whole new light assembly. Actually, there is a gray plug that fits into a U-shaped opening on the end of the light, and it broke when I pulled it out. I don't see how it couldn't break. The plug is such a tight fit in its socket, that it breaks away from the light when pulling it away from the body. Luckily, I kept the little part "that doesn't exist" - and I will use some clever engineering and JB Weld to repair it. Being able to replace the bulbs from inside the trunk area would have been much easier.

Reactions: EmKay

·
2,084 Posts
The "You must purchase the entire assemble" I have been there before. It just eats you up but its a way for the manufacturer to re-coop some cost lost elsewhere.

Those bean counters got the science down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts