Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting for some 2010 cubes to come in, so I'd like to ask about interior color. Read a lot of comments both ways. Some say the light gray will show wear and dirt more, so for those of you who have this, is that true? I'm leaning toward the light gray, looks more "airy" and has a two-tone dash. My Eclipse is black with medium gray seats, starting to look a little dark. But I'm thinking one upside down ketchup packet, all gone.

So what's the dirt on dirt? Oh - no kids or dogs.

·
2,084 Posts
I am actually very glad I went with the light grey, I love it. :yes:

The 2 tone lust looks so much better in my opinion. But it is an opinion and everyone has one :yes:

·
Registered
839 Posts
armadillo said:
Still waiting for some 2010 cubes to come in, so I'd like to ask about interior color. Read a lot of comments both ways. Some say the light gray will show wear and dirt more, so for those of you who have this, is that true? I'm leaning toward the light gray, looks more "airy" and has a two-tone dash. My Eclipse is black with medium gray seats, starting to look a little dark. But I'm thinking one upside down ketchup packet, all gone.

So what's the dirt on dirt? Oh - no kids or dogs.
Well interior color is purely a personal choice. But in my experience they both have their pluses and minuses. Lighter makes the interior brighter and appear roomier, dark hides most soiling etc.

But the dark Cube interior has a way of attracting every bit of lint, hair, etc. So although it doesn't show dirt, it does show a lot of lint. Mine is black, if I could change it I would have the gray. We don't have any kids at home so soiling isn't a real issue. - Dan

·
Registered
839 Posts
ChristineK said:
Good point with the lint factor! +1

Cat and Dog hair too!

LOL, apparently you're like us. We have both dogs and cats (4 each). My interior stay's covered in hair, although none of the animals have ever been in the car...HAHAHA

·
Registered
39 Posts
hmm. that is a good point about the lint. i personally wanted the black interior but the
M/T cubes they had on the lot didnt have any black. so i had to go with the light gray,
which i do now like. especially since ive noticed that my black floor mats some how get
covered with my Yellow Labs hair... so im happy i got the light gray.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I searched for a long time and drove quite a distance to get my silver, SL with gray interior. Most of the silver SL’s had the black interior. I think all the lint issues would have driven me crazy with black. I’m amazed how quickly the black floor mats begin to look dirty from light colored specs of dirt. I’ll agree if you spill something on the gray your going to have to work at cleaning it, but I’d choose that over vacuuming the seats every few days.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gray it is.

Must be fate. I warshed and Hoovered my old Eclipse GS-T today as it was 70 degrees and gonna freeze tomorrow. Gotta get it ready to sell. I come back in and Mr. cube calls, has some 2010s coming in to the area. One is a silver SL/Pref with gray interior, but no lighting pkg. Close! Should I go for it or wait, he pondered...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Christine is right. If the only option it's missing is the lighting package you can always add it later, and probably at a lower cost. Besides that, you will also have bragging rights later as a DIY mod. - Dan

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dunno. I looked at the kickplate instructions and it's harder than you'd imagine. Underdash lights might be easier. Maybe I can get them to toss them in. Gonna ask to throw in tinted front windows and organizer or sports horn at the very least. Did this once, even got a roof rack, among other goodies. It was a "three coater." Had to put on my coat and walk out three times, but got hundreds of dollars in goodies.

May have one this week! But I could wait for another easily enough. Been waiting since June.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Pretty much agree with all that has been said about gray vs. black as I have both at the moment (black in the Cube and gray in the Quest) but I'll add one additional thing. Gray is better for day to day but black will hold up better in the long run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts