Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had this done and think it looks really fun! What do you guys think? I am now thinking after this coming winter I will go with all black 18" wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow! That really grabs your attention! :D

·
2,084 Posts
That is interesting. It seems more has been done to this vehicle than most I have seen.

Leaves, dogs, pin-stripping, streaks, check patterns.

This is a canvas to be explored.

Nice Job Cubit 8)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Niiiice!!! :yes:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is actually vinyl work done...I took a chance on some local sign shop and it came out pretty nice. I am excited b/c they just passed a law here in IL on Nov 3rd and it is now legal to tint the front windows!!!

·
2,084 Posts
So you can peel them right off when you get tired of looking at it. How sweet is that!

Paint fade over metallics would be my only concern. The metallic on the pearl is so faint most don't realize it is not plain white.
So this is probably not an issue.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah that was a concern too but I have to say the idea of the vinyl is perfect b/c I constantly change my mind so if in 6 months I change my mind its an easy peel off. =)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Q!Cube said:
This is actually vinyl work done...I took a chance on some local sign shop and it came out pretty nice. I am excited b/c they just passed a law here in IL on Nov 3rd and it is now legal to tint the front windows!!!
Interesting read on the IL law... Sure seems like they are leaving it open for grey area though... as in, if they don't like what they see - they'll just be off a few VLT's

http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Law_Chart/Illinois_Tint_Law_Addendum.html

·
2,084 Posts
I emailed a local sign shop here and sent them your picture and asked if they could do this or improve on it and how much.

We shall see

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds awesome...let me know what they say or I would be curious to see what it would look like...I have a picture of a Mini with a paint drip...looks much sharper but the designer used a silver krylon paint pen and did it up awesome....
http://emilychang.com/2009/10/krink-mini-cooper-s/

that was my inspiration

·
Registered
63 Posts
Love the paint job. I think the reason I had to put the pinstripes and dogs on my Cube is that after custom ordering the MINI Clubman it spoiled me for wanting to "youify"my cars. Having options to make each car different from the others out there is a lot of fun. I love to see the ideas people come up with. It gives the cars even more personality and the Cube is a wonderful blank canvas to play with.
I plan on getting another MINI in the future and I think I'll finally dare to go with more of the options like checkerboard or flag mirrors, roof, etc. Once you start modifying things it just gets addictive.

·
2,084 Posts
I got a reply from the sign shop. They asked about the quality of the application I needed as that would effect cost. I have no clue!
They said they could replicate it exactly too. After speaking to you though I do not think for a second I could get it done for what you did.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts