Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yamika does not make rear mounted - I dont know about roof racks- but they will send you to a custom shop for installation. I am still looking for a bike rack and will let you know if i find one....

·
Registered
45 Posts
What if you have a Cube with a spoiler on it? Would the straps put to much pressure on it, or scratch the paint?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Big Golfcart said:
What if you have a Cube with a spoiler on it? Would the straps put to much pressure on it, or scratch the paint?
I would not recommend using the saris with a spoiler. I'd look to Yakima, and their roof racks if I were you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think i'm going to wait until they make a trailer hitch for the Cube and get a hitch mount bike rack.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Big Golfcart said:
I think i'm going to wait until they make a trailer hitch for the Cube and get a hitch mount bike rack.
Just got an email back from Curt Manufacturing and they are working on a hitch now.

We are working on a hitch for the CUBE right now. We actually hope to release a this hitch within the next two weeks.

Thank you,
Nichole Myers
Curt Manufacturing
Technical Product Support
800-798-0813 ext. 160

·
Registered
45 Posts
MDracer76 said:
I bought a Saris Bones 3, and used it on my Versa, and now the Cube.. works on pretty much any car..

http://www.saris.com/p-299-bones-3-bike.aspx

Crappy Iphone pic from the rear:

Does the bike hanging back there set off the sonar or do they only work when your in reverse?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Big Golfcart said:
Does the bike hanging back there set off the sonar or do they only work when your in reverse?
Sonar is going haywire when there is a bike on the rack.. its pretty useless at that point. but no biggie..

·
Registered
159 Posts
If there is strong interest in a bike rack designed for the Cube I can look into it and see what I can come up with.
Let me know and I can start designing something. Do you want roof mounted or rear mounted.

Dink

·
Registered
2 Posts
Big Golfcart said:
Big Golfcart said:
Just got an email back from Curt Manufacturing and they are working on a hitch now.

We are working on a hitch for the CUBE right now. We actually hope to release a this hitch within the next two weeks.

Thank you,
Nichole Myers
Curt Manufacturing
Technical Product Support
800-798-0813 ext. 160
That is great news. I emailed Curt a month and a half ago about a hitch for the Cube and they basically just said "no" (albeit very politely :)).

I was going to get one custom made but the Curt one will (hopefully) be cheaper/better. I'm considering the Thule T2 or, if it fits ok, a North Shore Racks 2 bike rack which I would argue are the best for carrying bigger bikes IMHO. http://www.northshoreracks.com/

I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences with the Curt hitch if you've gone ahead with getting one already. Likewise whatever rack you opt for.

Jon

·
Registered
270 Posts
MDracer76 said:
Big Golfcart said:
Sonar is going haywire when there is a bike on the rack.. its pretty useless at that point. but no biggie..
This is a long shot: on my radio under the audio options there is a choice for "beep" cancel. It's probably just for the radio itself but you might want to give it a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apologies for the crap picture but it was getting dark and I just had a phone camera. I'll try to remember to take a camera next time I have bikes on the car. Anyway, here's how I carry bikes on my Cube: 1.25" Curt hitch. Thule T2 rack. The rack folds up when not in use and sits as close to the back of the Cube as you'd want. It's really stable even with a couple of 40lb DH bikes on it (The bikes in the pic are not DH bikes by the way). I take the rack off if I'm not going to be using it for a few days. It comes off easily in a couple of minutes (so easily that I immediately went and bought a lock for it!). Overall I'm very satisfied with the way it all fits onto the Cube.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Or you can just pile them in the back, no problem.

3 fixed gear bikes fit fine, had room for more.

We drove to the Velodrome in Indy, and a few people left early so we had no other way to get the bikes back.

This was one of the reason I wanted this car, so I can keep my bike in the back, with the car locked.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm hounding the classifieds for a bike rack for my roof setup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts